Hawaii

Married & Oahu vendor reviews

I'm happy to say that everything went just as planned for our wedding.  I'm glad it' over and we can get on with our new life.
Vendors:

Rehearsal dinner:  Haliewa Joe's:  A++
The food was gret & reasonably priced.  They put us on the outside deck.  Everything was excellent

Photographer:  Adam Palmer:  A++
He returned calls immediately, took over 1400 pictures and and has a BA in photography.  He had a smile on his face the entire time.
I couldn't recommend him more.

DJ:  CJ's Honolulu DJ:  B+
They had easy, online planning, Towards the end of the reception they started playing funky, rap music that we didn't like or request.  We're 40 years old.  Rap? Really?

Ceremony & cocktail hour music:  Mihana Aluli & family:  A++
They were a highlight of the day.  Beautiful music with a lot of aloha.  They were a little expensive but worth every penny

Tent:  JMJ Rentals B+
Everything about the tent was great.  I had difficulty getting in touch with this vendor as they seemed to be on "Hawaiian time."  Other than that, they did a fantastic job.

Flowers/decor Designs by Hemingway:  A
Everything was beautiful & correct.  Debbie does a great job but you pay the price for all the wonderful things you get.  If you have the money, I would definitely use her.  The reception wouldn't have been the same without her beautiful linens & decor

Turtle Bay Reception:  A++ (ask for Joann Dicion)
The food and cake were excellent.  Everything was done exactly how we wanted it.
the location (Kuilima point) was perfect.  Excellent!

Turtle Bay Hair & Makeup: B
I brough a pictue of what i wanted to my hari to look like and it came out looking completely different.  I wasn't thrilled with it.  The makeup application was mediocre.  I had to touch up the eyeliner & mascaera right away.  The lip liner wasn't applied exact;ly where it should have been.  I would hire someone else to do my makeup.

Weather:  God & mother natue:  A++++
We were so lucky with that.

We stayed at the Westin in Maui for our honeymoon and it was fabulous.

Have fun, knotties and enjoy your special day!!!

Re: Married & Oahu vendor reviews

• I'm glad everything went so well for you and you had such a great wedding. Well, except for the DJ at the end. Thanks for coming back and leaving reviews. Congratulations!
  • Love the reviews. This has inspired to me to leave reviews after my wedding as well:)
  • I can't thank you enough for your review!

I am a newly engaged bride getting married in Oahu from Los Angeles.

I am in complete confusion! 

I was looking at Turtle Bay....did you purchase the a la carte ceremony?  Also, did you have the 5-9 reception?  How many guests? One more question....did everyone go straight home or to their hotel after the wedding?

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for posting your reviews - glad to hear everything went well and congrats!!

We're also getting married at Kuilima Point :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_married-oahu-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:62002326-d3b2-43ce-a624-c7b8c2aa6f66Post:c40c8a22-3781-43b1-9f6c-0611f58c16d6">Re: Married & Oahu vendor reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't thank you enough for your review! I am a newly engaged bride getting married in Oahu from Los Angeles. I am in complete confusion!  I was looking at Turtle Bay....did you purchase the a la carte ceremony?  Also, did you have the 5-9 reception?  How many guests? One more question....did everyone go straight home or to their hotel after the wedding? Thanks! Jennifer
    Posted by jenmags[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>We had the ceremony at a Catholic church nearby.  The reception was from 3:30 to 8:30.  The hotel suddested we have an earlier reception because once it gets dark, you can't see the ocean.  The ocean is the whole reason we were there.  We had 50 guests.  Most people were tired after the long day and went to their rooms but our younger friends met us at one fo the bars for a little more celebrating.</div><div>
    </div><div>Turtle Bay gets a bad rap for some reason.  I think it's becaue some of the previous catering coordinators weren't good about getting back to people.  I experienced this several times with the Hawaiian people.  Their "Hawaiian time" drove me crazy.  Joann Dicion at Turtle Bay was great at communicating and everything turned out just wonderful.  Good luck!!!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards