Hawaii

Bridesmaid dresses?

Hi ladies!  It's time for me to get serious about dresses for my bridesmaids.

Where did you get/are you getting your bridesmaid dresses from?

I need inspiration!

TIA!
image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Anniversary

Re: Bridesmaid dresses?

• edited December 2011
    Mine was easy since I only have 1 BM and she is wearing black.  There were lots of retail store choices...I ended up getting one from White House Black Market...
  • edited December 2011
    I thought about bill levkoff for now...but i actually only looked at one. hehe. It's simple A-line and they have lots of choices for colors.  I'm thinking along the lines of simple that will look good on everyone.  I'm not sure if i'm going to be the type of bride to have a variety of styles for bridesmaid dresses yet :) 
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011

i got my bridesmaids dresses from express.  they were kinda wild and people were a little scared when they first saw them but the color combo was PERFECT!  i loved how they looked in the end.

bridesmaids dresses are hard to find to fit everyone perfectly.  i went round and round.  i think the best thing i did was just pick a dress in the end and not give options. 

good LUCK!!!

ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • edited December 2011
    i've also been looking at bill levkoff, jcrew, ann taylor...

HOWEVER, i sent an email to milly bridal and showed them the bill levkoff dress i wanted..... they quoted me $70 plus $30 shipping. all the dresses I saw at bridal stores in NYC and online were $180 and up....
  • edited December 2011
    i liked the jim hjelm dresses, but never actually saw any of them in person.  just online shopping ;)
  • mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Liz- you should check out the Dessy website!!! It has tons of styles and color combos, and you can play around with the colors on the dresses right there on the website. Once you find something you like, you can order it for way cheaper through Netbride.com. They order Dessy for the factory price- I just got mine in and they look amazing! It only took 2 months to get them.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from Amsale, but I was limited by the fact that the girls wanted to wear long dresses. There are so many cute short dresses out there.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're looking for inspiration, I liked looking at Alfred Angelo (that's where I got the inspiration for my BM dresses) & Jim Hjem.  And Andy's right!  The Dessy website has TONS of dresses.

soon2BMrsRDavis:  I'd love to know which dress you picked up from Express for your BMs!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We did Jim Hjelm and J Crew! I LOVE love love Jim Hjelm.
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could get my 3 girls to one shop, I think I'd have them start by trying on Alfred Sung dresses.  I just love their look and style.  However, they're spread out across the country, so we're looking at David's Bridal for now to see if they can all find something that'll work.
  • edited December 2011

As always, you ladies are the best, thanks so much!!!

image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards