Hawaii

Maui wedding, am I behind?

Hi everyone!!!

I'm going to be a Maui bride and starting to panic if I am behind! My wedding is July 27th 2013. I have my wedding dress, wedding planner (Cherise!), photographer (Paris Mountain) and venue (Gannons). I have not sent out save the dates or purchased air fare or lodging! I am wondering how far out you sent your save the dates? Am I really far behind in planning?

Sorry for all the questions! Any help would be so appreciated! Any timeline advice for planning would be lovely!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Re: Maui wedding, am I behind?

• Hey! 

I am getting married on Maui on the 3rd of July, so while I have no experience, I  can tell you were we are at.

I would imagine it would depend on where you and your guests are from. We sent out STDs in December, but we live in the middle east, my family is in Australia and his the UK. So we are all travelling some distance. Have you started telling people that you want there your plans? I am just making my invites (from scratch!!!) with the idea of sending them mid-Feb. RSVP for mid-May. Again, pure;y because we will all be there from all over the globe!

It is all so exciting,  but daunting not being there in person to arrange!

oh and I would imagine that the further ahead you book airfares and lodging the cheaper it will be!

Good luck with it all! Sorry this has probably been no help!
    E
    xoxo
  • My date is not until Feb 4th, 2015. We are going to be taking our engagement photos within the next month to make into our STD. We are sending out our VIPs STD early because neither side of our families are financially well off so they need the extra time to save up to buy the airfare and hotel fare.

I would say it depends on where you guys are coming from and how long you think your families and friends will need to save up for the trip.

Most airfare and hotels you can not book until a year out. So i would send the STD out a month or 2 before the year mark? That's just my suggestion. Like i said we're doing all of our stuff kind of early because we are giving our VIPs enough time to save up.

Good luck!!!!

Chris

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married Aug. 1. I sent out STD at the end of Oct. and just sent out our invites today. But everyone who is invited knew about it as soon as we had set the date. Good luck!
  • Do people already know your wedding date? If so, I would skip the save the dates, if not I would start telling everyone or sent them or the invites out soon. Hawaii can be pretty espensive and July is a busy time of year for families so I would give people plenty of time to book hotels, flights and save up. We gave everyone we invited about 9-10 months notice. 

Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Thank you all so much for the replies!! Looks like we will send the STDs out in the next 2 weeks and the invites at the end of February. Everyone does know and have been saving up. We are only going to have about 25 people total. Any recommendations for DJ, makeup and flowers? Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it so much!
  • We used DJ Randy from Ace Beats. He was great, he wasn't one of those obnoxious DJs that tries to be the center of attention. He kept our guests dancing all night long, he was really laid back.

What is your budget for makeup? To me, makeup and hair were one of the most important things....I wanted to look amazing for all of our photos, and to stay looking fresh and put together through the heat, humidity and dancing. Jessica Waite is a bit more expensive than other MUAs, but she is worth EVERY penny. I have never felt more beautiful. I opted for the airbrush foundation and it was super light and covered all of my flaws. It held up through everything!

Flowers - I definitely recommend Dellables. They are one of the more reasonably priced vendors for flowers, and Della Peacock is so sweet and creative. She can work within any budget, check out her Facebook page. She absolutely nailed my vision for the big day, would use her again in a heartbeat.

(If you can't already tell, I loved all of my vendors so much! Ha ha!)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Thank you Mauidandy!! Hair and Makeup is definitely worth the money in my opinion! I am willing to spurge for that! Did she also do your hair? I am definitely going to look into all 3 of these vendors! Thank you so much for your suggestions! 
  • Ok cherise is awesome...if were talking about the same one lol. She did my friends day of coordination and handled everything perfectly even though my friend was a bit of a bridezilla...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards