Ohio-Columbus

passport and name changing process q?

so this is what happened. I applied for my passport under my madin name. (normal) our HM is about 2 weeks after our wedding. My FFIL just ordered our plane tickets using my married name..... i hadn't decided if I was going to change my name before the HM or afer.... with all the different names i'm going to have on this trip, should I just go throught the name changing process? or wait it out? how would that work with the plane tickets being one name and the passport and cruise reservation being another name?

Re: passport and name changing process q?

• New MILNew MIL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the tickets and passport have to be in the same name.
  • egeigeregeiger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Call the airline and cruise ship. Sometimes, if you take a copy of the marriage abstract with you they will let you go ahead. Depends on the company.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would wait til after the honeymoon, then change your name. I think for your passport you have 1 year to submit your new name.
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say the easiest thing to do would be to call the airline and ask to have the last name changed on the ticket.  Your passport/driver's license has to have to same name as your plane ticket.
  • edited December 2011
    You are going to need to have your name changed on the airline tickets. You will not have enough time to get your passport name changed before you leave, and If your name doesnt match they wont let you through security. You should just wait until after you HM to change your name. If you HM was 10 weeks later then you would have enough time to change names. If your not going overseas and just need to change your name on your license you should be okay... passport takes a bit longer. Sorry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been married a month and still haven't completed the process of changing everything...need the abstract to change the new social security card, need the new social security card to change other things.  My recommendation would be the use the maiden name for the honeymoon...it'll be much easier and allow you to take your time with everything once you're back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards