Hawaii
Options

Alternatives to father/daughter dance?

My dad will not be attending my wedding. I'm just curious if anyone has done anything instead of the father/daughter dance, rather than just skipping it entirely? I'm not super comfortable dancing with my uncle, and am an only child so no brother/sister dance. Our wedding is in a couple of weeks, so I'm kind of stressing about what to do here - just skip it or try to come up with something else to do! HELP!

Re: Alternatives to father/daughter dance?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your fiance care about a mother/son dance?  If not, I say skip them all together -- do your first dance and leave it at that.  I wouldn't try to substitute in another relative just to have the placeholder for the dance.  The only other variation that could be nice is to have you dance with your FFIL, but it depends on your relationship there.  Hope you enjoy these next few weeks!
  • Options
    NurseJo34NurseJo34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah my father passed away eight years ago. So we are just skipping that kind of stuff all together.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We're not sure if we're having a dance yet, so it might not happen for us.  If you still want to involve your Dad, could you do somthing in it's place??  Have a photo, speech about him, I don't know.  If you're not wanting to involve him, I say skip it

• Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We actually didn't feel comfortable dancing with our parents, so after our first dance all couples were invited to dance floor for an anniversary dance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards