Hawaii
Options

AW: I graduated today!!!

Finally, I have waited two years for this day and it has come and gone!!! Time in culinary school has been awesome but now I am ready to get out and put my skills to the test, and return home to FI!!!

My graduation was SO awesome!!! I graduated from a university two years ago and mine today was nothing like it - so much better and more personal, especially since it was less than 70 students. By pure luck, my seat was on the end of the front row closest to the podium, and our guest speaker was Emeril Lagasse! So I was super close to him the whole time, lol! I remember watching his shows when I was younger so it was cool to actually see him in person. He shook all of our hands after we received our cordons (medals basically instead of a diploma for the ceremony) and said congratulations.
I also received two awards!!! I earned the highest GPA in my graduating class and was the only person to get high honors (over a 3.75), so I got an award for that. I also got an award for excellent performance in the management classes. I was so amazed and proud of myself!!! I'm glad that my parents were here to support me as well.
Then at our luncheon afterwards, a few friends and I approached Emeril to take a quick picture with him and not bother him too much. While we were taking the picture, he started asking us all what our plans were, starting with me. I told him that I was moving back to Hawaii, and that I had applied somewhere where I saw he is doing a food show at next month! He told me to contact to his chef organizer (who was there) about coming to assist him!!!!! Even if I don't get a job out of it or even work alongside Emeril, it will still be an amazing experience, so I got a business card out of that!
Sorry this is SUPER long, but I am just really proud of myself and really excited. At this point, I'm not worried about finding a job, it's just a matter of when and where and being in the right place at the right time!
and here's a pic - they gave me "mock" trophies and i'll get the real engraved ones in the mail. One of the them is a silver bowl.... mmkay... I'm planning on using it for fruit! haha!

Re: AW: I graduated today!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is so awesome!!  Congratulations!!  You should be excited & proud!  I love Emeril.  My FI was thinking about going to culinary school.  He is such a great cook and he really enjoys it.  We're a perfect match because I love to eat :).  Congrats on also doing such a great job and earning high honors!!  Keep us posted on what you end up doing.  I know you'll do well.  Wish you all the best!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!  What an accomplishment!!!  Emeril is my hero so I can imagine how thrilled you must have been.  You should be very proud!  You've got an amazing future to come!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! Aubrey, that's amazing!! Huge congrats! You better go out and celebrate!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WoHOOO Congratulations Aubrey!  You've accommplished alot and you should be very proud of yourself.  *hugs & high 5's*
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so awesome, congrats!!!!  I heart Emeril--you'll have to let us know what he's really like to work with. 

Congrats again--it was so much fun reading about your special day!
    image imageimage Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats, Aubrey! You should definitely be proud of yourself. That's awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!! That's so exciting!! Congratulations!!!!  What a great accomplishment. 
  • Options
    machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats, such a great accomplishment!!!  That's great that you get to move back home soon, too!  Very exciting!!!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's wonderful!! Congratulations on graduating at the top of your class and the opportunity to work with Emeril!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not on here much anymore...BUT I wanted to give you a big CONGRATULATIONS Aubrey!!  Graduating is such a major accomplishment and yoiu should be so very proud of yourself!!  Its pretty cool you got to meet with Emeril and I hope you get to assist him!! : )
  • Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AAAHHH! Congratuations, that's so amazing! You should be so proud of yourself, what an accomplishment. I'm super jealous that you're going to get to work with Emeril, maybe he can put in a good word and get you on the next season of Top Chef :)
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THANKS ladies!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yayyyy!  congratulations...that is so exciting (both graduating and meeting emril).  and you get to move back home to be with FI.  triple yay!  keep us updated on what happens with emril...where is his food show at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been super busy lately with work and haven't been on much, but i know you graduated and wanted to tell you congrats. It sounds like you had a truly amazing day! i'm so excited and happy for you:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards