Hawaii
Options

Maui wedding cakes company

Has anyone ordered from MauiWeddingcakes.com? The pics look great, I'm wondering how the taste is. Thanks

Re: Maui wedding cakes company

• Options
    I am using them for my wedding next month. I will also be interested to see if anyone else has used them!
  • Options
    I personally have not used them, but had a tasting with them.

IMHO, I wasn't too impressed with the flavors, plus when I asked about 11-11-11 (since my date is 12-12-12), they already had 25 cakes to do that day. WHOA. That really turned me off...

Just my opinion though. I have heard brides say good things about them, so your experience may just be as great!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mauigirl2012 it's funny, I feel like we are doing a lot of the same things! I cant wait :) Thanks dianalynm, who did you end up going with for your cake? I love cake, so taste is important to me. I'm doing a simple design with buttercream so for me, taste is more important.
  • Options
    We did a tasting with Maui Wedding cakes and the cakes didn't taste that great. I also asked our chef about the cake options and she actually recommended the one we went with. My WC highly recommended the vendor we chose also and our tasting with Marie was amazing...we got to taste all of the cakes separately and then got to choose from over 200 different essences for our buttercream frosting.  When we cut the cake the day of the wedding I actually ate a whole piece then as it was so yummy!

Below is a picture of our cake. We did a 2 tier with the top tier a white cake with fresh raspberry puree and champagne buttercream frosting and the bottom tier was a fresh pineapple cake with 2 layers of fresh strawberry and one layer of fresh pineapple with a champagne buttercream.

Our vendor was http://www.mauicakestore.com/

Anniversary
  • Options
    thanks jessj336 thats good to hear you didnt like it... I guess I have to trust others since I wont have a chance to try it myself. I wish the place you suggested was closer. I see that the deliver but thats getting pricey. Did you try any places closer to Lahaina?
  • Options
    Anyone order a cake from Costo? Our party is so small that we really don't need a lot. I had thought about ordering two small rounds and decorating them myself with flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ended up going with Maui Sweet Cakes. We actually had 2 tastings with her! Yea, crazy. The first time we tried her cakes...all great! The 2nd time we tried her desserts. All great! She doesn't believe in making anything too sweet. She has a great balance of sweetness and awesome flavor choices. I am so excited for our dessert bar! December can't come any sooner... Let me know if you'd like her contact info!
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_maui-wedding-cakes-company?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7480c58a-eddf-4021-808b-69c020b0ed80Post:63425ebc-706e-41ae-8536-9ee427bd9cbe">Re: Maui wedding cakes company</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks jessj336 thats good to hear you didnt like it... I guess I have to trust others since I wont have a chance to try it myself. I wish the place you suggested was closer. I see that the deliver but thats getting pricey. Did you try any places closer to Lahaina?
    Posted by allisonpickup80[/QUOTE]

I didn't try any places closer to Lahaina. I got married at Olowalu and we loved the cake so we had no issues paying the delivery charge
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was wondering about costco or other supermarkets as well since I'm only looking for a small 6inch cake with white frosting and flowers, I thought simple enough.
  • Options
    Out of the 3 bakers we tried, one was in the Lahaina area. Cake Fanatics was our 2nd choice, with Maui Wedding Cakes being last. 

She had great flavors, moist cake...delicious! We didn't go with her because we enjoyed the variety of flavors more with Maui Sweet Cakes...

Here's the website: http://www.hawaiicakes.co/
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks Dianalynm, I just emailed Cake Fanatics, for us that may work becasue we only want a simple vanilla cake, so as long as it's moist as you said it was, that would be perfect! Thanks everyone :)
  • Options
    We used Maui Wedding Cakes and our cake was so moist and delicious. We are chololate lovers so it was chocolate with a chocolate filling, It was perfect. Our guests said it was the best wedding cake they had ever had. I am glad we went with them. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lorena224 - thanks for the review! Gives me hope that our cake will be good!

• Options
    Same here! We just sent the payment for Maui Wedding Cakes and reading these posts scared me a bit....good to hear Lorena224's post! We won't be taste testing so we just went off of reviews!
  • Options
    I'm with the others, thanks for that info. We won't be trying either and going on blind faith. The one thing I am loving about Cheryl is I wanted something unique and she has come up with some fabulous ideas. A little more expensive because of this I suspect, but worth it if it comes out great. Now I'm starting to get excited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards