Hawaii
Options

Having a lei shipped to the mainland

Anybody ever had a company ship a real flower lei to your home? I know it's easy to do for people in CA, but anywhere west of CO takes a few days. Not sure it would be in good shape by then. I really want one for my AHR though.
andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
My Planning Bio

Re: Having a lei shipped to the mainland

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a luau in tennessee (our college sponsored it and gave me money to throw it since I'm the only hawaii kid)  We ordered loose orchids from this company and had lei-making lessons. They have some leis too and I know they ship this far :) Orchids are pretty sturdy flowers and lasted about half a week even after flying across the country to us.

http://www.hawaiian-leis.com/index.html
    Ben & Jenn Nov 27, 2010 Oahu
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Andrea, try out Hawaiian Lei Company.  I saw their website long ago and it is informative.  http://www.hawaiianleicompany.com/Default.aspx

Hope this helps.
    Ally & Mar | 08.09.10 | The Coconut Club, Oahu
    Planning Bio-updated 06/07 | Married Bio & For SALE items

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know Watanabe ships flowers, though I'm not sure how they hold up.

I've brought leis over to California on the plane before, from tiny little lei shops. They always lasted a few days ( i was amazed! ) I tried to stay away from delicate ones or ones that were white so you couldn't tell if they started wilting. The cigar flower and micronesian ginger ones usually hold up well!
  • Options
    licia9880licia9880 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MIL is a florist in HI and she always shipped leis to us when we lived in Michigan. Orchids look the best upon arrival. It also depends on how they are packaged and shipped, so make sure you choose a reputable florist that has shipped to the eastern mainland.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards