Hawaii

Above Heaven's Gate?

Hello!  I don't know why I haven't checked out this board until now...I think I've gone batty.

Anywho-FI and I are using Above Heaven's Gate in Waimanalo, HI (Oahu.)  I was just wondering if anyone else out there in Knottie land has used them and their thoughts.

TIA!

Re: Above Heaven's Gate?

• edited December 2011
    I love it when people stumble on us! Welcome to the board! I haven't heard of that company, but that doesn't mean they aren't good! How many people are you having at the wedding?
  • maggyruthmaggyruth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just going to be me, FI and my BFF (MOH), so it's very small.  All the reviews I've seen for the company are great, so I'm not too worried (aside from the typical bridal panic.)  They describe themselves as a bit left of center...so it should be interesting if nothing else.  Actually, the most frustrating thing right now is that the Dept of Health will be closed for a furlough day on the one day we have to get the license! (We have contacts for marriage license agents, but what are the odds that they would pick May 14th as a furlough day?!?  Really?)

Here's the website for the company:

http://www.hawaiiweddings.com

The other thing we're looking at (since we're only going to be on Oahu for a short period of time) is a luau.  FI is interested in going to the Polynesian Cultural Center for their thing.

We'll (FI and I) be flying over to Maui and staying towards Hana for the remainder of our time in Hawaii.

Thanks for the welcome!
  • Hello maggyruth!  I know it has awhile since your wedding date, but I noticed you used Above Heaven's Gate.  May I ask how your experience was?  I am getting married next month on the beach via Above Heaven's Gate and would love to hear your exprience first hand.  How was the photography experience?  Hair/Make-up?  Did you have a set up with chairs, arch, etc?

Any info would be helpful!  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards