Hawaii
Options

Oahu Venues, Planner and Coordinators

Hi,

We are having a wedding in Oahu in August. We really wanted to do it at Loulu Palm, my fiance's brother had a wedding there in 2009 and it was awesome. We asked for a price yesterday and the price for the venue rose almost double since 2009. 
Would love a suggestion of a similar venue.

Also we are looking of trustworthy planners. From his brothers experience, they went through several wedding planners. Most of them over charged or changed prices, some never returned money. Apparently if you are from NY you must be rich and not care about the budget. Thats pretty much the advise we were given by his brother. 

So any suggestions about planners or coordinators woud be fantastic. 

Re: Oahu Venues, Planner and Coordinators

• Options
    We are getting married at the JW Marriott Ihilani in Feb. So far the planning there has gone really well. Our event coordinator Joe has been so helpful and accomodating. We are getting married on the Lagoon Lawn and then having our reception and dance in the ocean foyer and ballroom. It is outside of Waikiki so is not as busy which is what we are looking for.

As for wedding coordinators, I am using Alicia Hollinger with Milestone Events. She has been a great help and I also would highly recommend her. Our wedding is in less than a month, so hopefully these vendors keep up the good work for me. I do find that with all Hawaiian vendors their idea of prompt response is a litle bit different from most people's perception as a prompt response. Chalk it up to island time is what most of us say, but for the most part I would highly recommend the Ihilani and Alicia. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you for your promt response and reccomendatons. I will definetly check them out.<div>
    </div><div>Yes, I agree. They do reply to emails and phone calls on island time )) I hope your wedding goes smoothly! Do share your experience after! </div><div>
    </div><div>Regina
    <div>
    <div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oahu-venues-planner-and-coordinators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7a1e3359-3bd6-40ca-83b7-b838a489c67fPost:f1ac3a13-fd91-4892-9d93-d202d5c01316">Re: Oahu Venues, Planner and Coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the JW Marriott Ihilani in Feb. So far the planning there has gone really well. Our event coordinator Joe has been so helpful and accomodating. We are getting married on the Lagoon Lawn and then having our reception and dance in the ocean foyer and ballroom. It is outside of Waikiki so is not as busy which is what we are looking for. As for wedding coordinators, I am using Alicia Hollinger with Milestone Events. She has been a great help and I also would highly recommend her. Our wedding is in less than a month, so hopefully these vendors keep up the good work for me. I do find that with all Hawaiian vendors their idea of prompt response is a litle bit different from most people's perception as a prompt response. Chalk it up to island time is what most of us say, but for the most part I would highly recommend the Ihilani and Alicia. Good luck!
    Posted by amwong22[/QUOTE]

</div></div></div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_oahu-venues-planner-and-coordinators?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7a1e3359-3bd6-40ca-83b7-b838a489c67fPost:05c4eb92-5be9-413a-a23f-9e4916d94ef6">Oahu Venues, Planner and Coordinators</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, We are having a wedding in Oahu in August. We really wanted to do it at Loulu Palm, my fiance's brother had a wedding there in 2009 and it was awesome. We asked for a price yesterday and the price for the venue rose almost double since 2009.  Would love a suggestion of a similar venue. Also we are looking of trustworthy planners. From his brothers experience, they went through several wedding planners. Most of them over charged or changed prices, some never returned money. Apparently if you are from NY you must be rich and not care about the budget. Thats pretty much the advise we were given by his brother.  So any suggestions about planners or coordinators woud be fantastic. 
    Posted by reginkula[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi,</div><div>I recommend Diana from Oahu Wedding, she was our wedding planner for our Destination Wedding in November last year.  She was fantastic never changed her prices and was prompt replying to emails etc.  We were so happy with Diana, she just blew us away with everything she did for us.  Our wedding day was everything we dreamed of and more and our guests are still talking about our wedding day today.  We got married at Paradise Cove and had our reception at the Coconut Club which is located at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel.</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck with the planning!

</div>
  • Options
    You may want to try Lanikuhonua for venue, it is similar to Loulu Palms but closer to Waikiki for transporting guests, etc.  We used Hawaii Weddings and Events, they were amazing then and now (helping my BFF with her friend now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards