Hawaii
Options

July 2011 Bride Needs HELP

Hello- 

I'm new to the board and just wanted to get as much info anyone can give. FI and I will be going to Hawaii and traveling from NY. It's a first time for both and wanted to know how to go about getting a license and where/who could marry us. Please share any info as well as places to avoid. Thanks.

Re: July 2011 Bride Needs HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

You have 2 choice to get your license

1. to the health departement or
    2. at with a representant

(see the health departement web site or the vital record web site)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi again,

Here some more info

Where to Apply for a Marriage License

• In Honolulu - Room 101 (1st floor) of the Health Department Building, 1250 Punchbowl St. (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
      Monday through Friday (excluding holidays and furlough days), 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Department of Health Furlough Calendar

• For the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of marriage agents in the rural and suburban areas of Oahu - call (808) 586-4544
    • For the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of marriage agents on the neighbor islands - call the local office of the Department of Health:

Hawaii (Big Island) - (808) 974-6008
      Kauai - (808) 241-3498
      Maui - (808) 984-8210
      Molokai - (808) 553-3200

Where to Apply for a Marriage License

• In Honolulu - Room 101 (1st floor) of the Health Department Building, 1250 Punchbowl St. (corner of Beretania and Punchbowl Streets)
      Monday through Friday (excluding holidays and furlough days), 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Department of Health Furlough Calendar

• For the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of marriage agents in the rural and suburban areas of Oahu - call (808) 586-4544
    • For the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of marriage agents on the neighbor islands - call the local office of the Department of Health:

Hawaii (Big Island) - (808) 974-6008
      Kauai - (808) 241-3498
      Maui - (808) 984-8210
      Molokai - (808) 553-3200

http://hawaii.gov/health/vital-records/vital-records/index.html

• Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone who's approved by the State of HI can marry you - either a judge or a minister of some type.  You can search for officiants yourself (just google search "wedding officiant" and the island you're getting married on).  If you hire a coordinator, they'll usually hook you up with an officiant, as well.

Also, try searching this board for "vendor reviews" and see what you get for reviews of different officiants.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.  I am also a July '11 bride who is getting married in Maui, I'll share any info that I can with you!  Congrats!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards