Hawaii

NWR: Jet-setting, yet, again!

This trip crept up on me! But my friend and I are heading to NYC tomorrow night! I am really excited, but feel a bit guilty about spending money when it should be going to our home down payment and wedding. :( But, the FI was supportive and said I was already planning on going on the trip, so not to be so hard on myself and to just have fun and enjoy! Love him... :)

He is also going on a trip to the Philippines to visit his dad, whom is assigned to work out there right now. He leaves the day after I get back from NYC, so we won't see each other for 2 weeks! AHHH! :( Such a long time...

Anyone else besides Tanq love to travel?! I need to start exploring new places because this is my 4th trip to NYC, but I absolutely love going! I guess I need to get out of my comfort zone...hmm...
DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR: Jet-setting, yet, again!

• I LOVE traveling. My vacation time is lacking right now so I won't be able to go anywhere for a while. DH is going to be working the Olympics this year and will be gone to London for a month. I was going to go and spend some times there with him since I'd be able to stay with him for free, but the flight is so expensive and there's no guarantee that he'll even get one day off while I'm there. So it just doesn't make sense. I'm going to try to do a small girl's trip while he's gone. 

We are working on planning a 30th birthday (for him)/2nd anniversary trip to California next summer. And we also are going to do a long weekend in October for our first anniversary this year. I wish we could do more!
  • Brea, I know what you mean!

That sucks you can't go to London with him! I can only imagine how expensive the flights are for the Olympics. Crazy! What is he going to be working on while he's there?! That sounds like an awesome job already! Hehe.

I vouch for California! Haha. If you happen to come to the Bay Area, I can give you a list of things to do and places to eat. 

My FI also travels for work, as well. He has a new assignment in New Orleans starting mid-May, so I'm excited because I've never been and I'm planning on going while he is there! Wink
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • YES! We were planning on going to England this summer, to visit my husband's family, but that got put on hold because of my due date, so we're now planning on November (and, while I get that the trip is about seeing family, I'm a bit bummed because it's not exactly the prettiest time of year).

My ILs have a small property in the south of France that I've yet to have the chance to see, so I'm hoping that's going to make a regular appearance in my future trips to Europe. I love the idea of our kid having these adventures early in life. As a military brat, I've always felt that my love of travel came from all the trips I took at a young age.
  • FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    My parents have both been taking me on trips since I was 12 or so. I think it was their way to spend time with us after they divorced.  We have passed that on to my kids and I swear we have created monsters.  We land exhausted from one trip and the next week they are asking where and when we are going next.  I haven't been to Europe yet and really want to go.  My Mother just booked a trip to Russia, so jealous but I am too busy at work and need to save my vacation time.  FI never really traveled in his past life so its all new to him.  
    @Diana, We were in the Bay Area over spring break. I grew up in San Rafael and my Brother currentlly lives in El Cerrito. Lucky we made this trip when we did as my SIL had an appedicitis and we had to take care of my niece and nephews.  A lot has changed in that area, but it was still good to go home for a week. Have fun in NYC.  Great time of year to go. 
  • I love to travel and wish we could but given we just got back from Maui a week ago and might be moving to Northern California in the next year or so I am not sure how much traveling we will be doing for a while.

I guess being home in good old NYC will have to do for now...gosh how I miss Maui!
    Anniversary
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    We travel a lot. I've been to so many places with my FI in the past 3 years than I did my whole life. He leaves for VA beach on Sunday with the Navy for a week and will get back one week before we leave for Hawaii. I can't get the time off work otherwise I'd go with him again. We are now into traveling to every Hard Rock we can and we buy a pin and shot glass (we eat and drink too). It just something fun we like to do.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We love to travel too! A few weeks ago we got up on Sunday and decided to drive to New Orleans for the NCAA championship game. Random but a blast! We are planning to go to Florida for a few days in May. In the Fall we want to go to DC. Of course we should just be saving every penny for the wedding, but we love going places with family!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • dianalynmdianalynm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re:NWR: Jetsetting, yet, again!:[QUOTE]I love to travel and wish we could but given we just got back from Maui a week ago and might be moving to Northern California in the next year or so I am not sure how much traveling we will be doing for a while. I guess being home in good old NYC will have to do for now...gosh how I miss Maui! Posted by jessj336[/QUOTE]

I love living in NorCal! Where are you planning on moving to?! I live in the Bay Area. The weather has been GREAT! I can't imagine living anywhere else...except Paris and NYC. ;P
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jessj336jessj336 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_nwr-jet-setting-yet-again?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7df463d8-fad2-4560-bc5b-1c314cd62556Post:1a47ef16-ab4f-4a36-9461-a8178ff94ea1">Re:NWR: Jetsetting, yet, again!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:NWR: Jetsetting, yet, again!: I love living in NorCal! Where are you planning on moving to?! I live in the Bay Area. The weather has been GREAT! I can't imagine living anywhere else...except Paris and NYC. ;P
    Posted by dianalynm[/QUOTE]

DH works for linkedin and they may want him to relocate so we would probably be somewhere in the South Bay area as their offices are in Mountain View.  I am not looking forward to having to find a job but I am ready to live somewhere else as NYC wears on you after a while (9yrs)
    Anniversary
  • I live in the Bay Area - South Bay and will vouch that we are very spoiled weather wise. My FI is from PA and laughs when I complain about the 50 degree winters. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards