Hawaii

Dress

I'm freaking out and have anxiety about traveling with my dress! Do I need to call the airline a head of time?? Just show up and ask to hang it up? Is airport security reasonable?? Ahh I leave Thursday!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress

• No problems for me.  I just showed up, stored it flat on top of luggage in the overhead bins.  Easy peasy.  Just a pain to carry around!!

• From what I've read on the message boards, it's a toss-up whether they'll hang it for you since I think the closet is a first class closet, but you can always ask. I think most brides just do what kje_ did...just laid it flat above luggage...
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I put mine in my carry on (in a vaccuum seal bag) and got it steamed when I got there. You're likely going to need to have it steamed when you arrive anyway, so why not travel the easiest way possible?

I called Vanessa Thompson (my steamer lady) before I did it to make sure she'd be able to get the wrinkles out and she said absolutely, she does this all the time. It looked even better then than it did before.
  • I didn't wanna lug mine around so I rolled it up and stuffed it in my carry on & steamed it when we arrived.
  • I was stressing about this too and decided am going to carry it on and have it steamed at my hotel when I get there.
  • I called the airline....they said to just ask the flight attendants to put it in the closet at the front of the plane, but sometimes there is no room, in which case you have to put it in the overhead bin.

Lucky for me, my parents are taking mine down when they go the week before us and I know my Dad will guard that thing with his life!!!  I still plan on getting it steamed when I get down there.

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards