Hawaii
Options

NWR: True Blood Fans

Anyone else pumped for the next season starting next week? I'm just dying here!

I've been gone all week on a school trip, and, while I was gone, my husband came up with some rules for a True Blood drinking game.

I think you'd probably die of alcohol poisoning if you tried it...

Re: NWR: True Blood Fans

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha love it! Im reading the books and were slowly watching season 2 on dvd still.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Be careful reading the books, it will ruin the tv show!  We loved True Blood the tv show so after season two my husband and I read all the books - totally ruined the show, we can barely watch it now.  The show changes so many of the story lines and season 3 pulled pieces of story lines from about 4 of the books which really irritated us because the books are great.  Actually you'll see during season two just how different the books are from the show! Anyway, just be careful and know you'll need to be able to separate the show from the books :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_nwr-true-blood-fans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:828893de-2d91-4f08-b3e1-aa645a41ad64Post:d7aaf218-0c4e-4194-8f92-19eef579a327">Re: NWR: True Blood Fans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful reading the books, it will ruin the tv show!  We loved True Blood the tv show so after season two my husband and I read all the books - totally ruined the show, we can barely watch it now.  The show changes so many of the story lines and season 3 pulled pieces of story lines from about 4 of the books which really irritated us because the books are great.  Actually you'll see during season two just how different the books are from the show! Anyway, just be careful and know you'll need to be able to separate the show from the books :)
    Posted by suwannee79[/QUOTE]

LOL, aren't just about all tv/movie adaptations are like that? I

read the books before the show started, and, personally, I like the direction the show took the series. It's different and darker, and I'm a fan of that (I love Lafayette, and I'm glad he didn't get killed off). Have you read her Lily Bard series? I actually prefer them to the Sookie Stackhouse mysteries. She's a much tougher heroine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha, that's hysterical! Is it still a game if I do it by myself? hehe
  • Options
    McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this show. Kaesha good tip on other series. I am always looking for a good book during all of my flying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards