Hawaii

14 working days left before we leave!

FI informed me today that we have 14 working days until we leave for our wedding/honeymoon extravaganza in California/Maui/Big island! I can't believe how quickly the time flies in the last month! I feel like I have so much to do...but really I'm not even sure what I have left.....so many miscellaneous things like....fill out marriage lisence, reserves shuttle, make some restarant reservations.... Stuff like that :) what did you all do to help with last month jitters?

Re: 14 working days left before we leave!

• We both joined a bootcamp. It was pretty crazy. I alsoI focused on my tanning and we made timelines for vendors, printed maps of the city etc. HTH
  • I'm actually working on our timeline right now...trying to centralize all of our reservations and confirmations so we don't have to search for info we may need! Getting so excited!
  • I tried to stick with my workout routine, triple checked everything, and read tons of Maui reviews, travel tips, etc.  So exciting!!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh I also created a 3 ring binder with all of our wedding/travel reservations, confirmations, vendor contact info and put them in sleeves.  I carried it on the plane with me.  It was nice to know everything was in one place and it was super easy dealing with vendors, knowing exactly what deposits we paid and what we would need checks for.  Oh course it was just the 2 of us, so all the little things you have to remember add up and it makes the day a blur.
  • I have 9 working days before we leave and it is really hard to actually "work"! lol
    Funny the others that said they continiued their workouts. I am really focused on that. I would like to loose three more lbs before we leave. Not so much to lose the weight but to give me a little wiggle room for all the good food and drinks. :')
    @ Just H, I have been keeping a binder also and it really helps. Although I have all of the confirmations saved in my email we are trying to stay unplugged the whole time we are on the island so the binder was just a better idea. Maybe we will have a ceremony getting rid of it when we are done. Who knows. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://maui.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_14-working-days-left-before-we-leave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:830f25f5-beea-484e-95a0-78e826a3d7a3Post:51f70613-efa6-4916-a84b-322c71ebdfa9">Re: 14 working days left before we leave!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have 9 working days before we leave and it is really hard to actually "work"! lol Funny the others that said they continiued their workouts. I am really focused on that. I would like to loose three more lbs before we leave. Not so much to lose the weight but to give me a little wiggle room for all the good food and drinks. :') @ Just H, I have been keeping a binder also and it really helps. Although I have all of the confirmations saved in my email we are trying to stay unplugged the whole time we are on the island so the binder was just a better idea. Maybe we will have a ceremony getting rid of it when we are done. Who knows. 
    Posted by FSForever[/QUOTE]

I stayed on my workouts for the same reason, so I wouldnt have to watch everything I ate on the trip.  I did have a huge plate of french toast with whipped cream the morning of the wedding and didnt think twice about it =)

It is hard to stay unplugged knowing you have service most places!  We usually just carried one phone for emergencies.  I printed all the emails so I wouldnt be searching for them.  It's not earth friendly but it was much easier for me. 

Congrats to you as well FSForever =)  Can't wait to hear and see all about you and Allison's big day!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_14-working-days-left-before-we-leave?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:830f25f5-beea-484e-95a0-78e826a3d7a3Post:49d1c751-5cd3-4ef2-aa1e-a71760b488ac">Re: 14 working days left before we leave!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 14 working days left before we leave! : I stayed on my workouts for the same reason, so I wouldnt have to watch everything I ate on the trip.  I did have a huge plate of french toast with whipped cream the morning of the wedding and didnt think twice about it =) It is hard to stay unplugged knowing you have service most places!  We usually just carried one phone for emergencies.  I printed all the emails so I wouldnt be searching for them.  It's not earth friendly but it was much easier for me.  Congrats to you as well FSForever =)  Can't wait to hear and see all about you and Allison's big day!
    Posted by Just H[/QUOTE]

awwww thanks! I'm sure i"ll relax more once the day is finally here.... atleast thats what previosu brides have said.... I'm waiting for that calm to come over me :)
  • @Allison, I am so waiting for the calm also. 

@JustH, We do really well when we are on Vacation and stay "unplugged" but I know with baseball coming to an end FH is going to try and slide in a game or two. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards