Hawaii
Options

Reviews - Kauai (longish)

I know there's a few upcoming Kauai weddings so I'm posting quick reviews for now and if anyone would like more detailed info feel free to pm me.

Ceremony Site/Coordinator: Grand Hyatt Kauai/Ella K. A+

I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Ella. She always responded to my calls and emails within a day or two and is such a pro. We didn't have any issues that I know of but she was completely organized and on top of everything and made sure we were taken care of. The packages that they have are completely customizable and they were willing to work with vendors that were outside of their preferred list. The hotel itself was also amazing! The property grounds were stunning but it is the service that puts this hotel over the top. We also received an upgrade to a suite for having our wedding there, champagne, a complimentary cabana rental and tiffany flutes.

Dress Steaming: Grand Hyatt Laundry Service A

I decided to get my dress steamed last minute. They originally said their standard rate was $100 for wedding dresses but ended up only charging me $70. They also picked up and delivered to our room the same day.

MUA: Mia Moriguchi A

Mia was very reasonably priced compared to a few others that I had checked out and she did airbrushing. The day of the wedding she kept everything on time and did a great job. Everyone looked so gorgeous. 

Hair: Anara Spa A

We all had pretty simple requests and they all turned out well. I had brought clip in extensions with me to add some bulk and they had no problem putting them in. My hair did start coming a little loose in one part right at the end of the night but they had given me extra pins to fix it so it didn't end up being a problem.

Officient: Kelvin Ho A++

He is just amazing! The ceremony is so unique and beautiful. It was like nothing we've ever seen before and everyone loved how much he involved our family. 

Hawaiian Guitarist: Tommy from Royal T Productions A

We were originally given the wrong list of songs he could perform but once that was corrected everything was great. We picked a few from his list and requested one specific song. I really wish I could have listened to his music when he was playing prior to the ceremony because what I could hear was beautiful. 

Ceremony Flowers: Florescence B+

We kept the ceremony flowers to only bouquets and hair flowers. The flowers itself were very nice and well put together. There was a little bit of miscommunication which in part is my fault as I changed my mind twice about my bouquet a month prior which resulted in regular roses in my bouquet instead of garden roses. Overall it was beautiful and the flowers were fresh but not what I was expecting. I did like that in the planning process they were very collaborative and would let me know which flowers were out of season and would recommend an alternative that was similar.

Reception Flowers: Martin Roberts A

Their work is outstanding and never short of breathtaking but quite pricey. The communication was different than with florescence in that I told them what I was wanting and what my budget was, they said they could do it, I paid and then didn't hear anything else from them until I checked in a month before the wedding about delivery times etc. It ended up well but there were a few moments of anxiety where I thought that they might have forgotten about me.

Reception: Plantation Gardens A +++

The best decision we made about our wedding was having our reception here! Mona was so great to work with and the sweetest in person. The service was awesome. There was always someone there when you needed a drink refliied and they were so friendly. The food was the best we had the entire time on the island! We also ate at the beach house, roys and tidepools. I can't say enough good things about this. Make sure to book the lawn too. It was great for the cocktail hour and we had a few small children so it was a good place for them to run around.

Photographer: Rachel Robertson A+

I'm giving Rachel an A+ even though I haven't seen any pictures yet. We ended up flying Rachel over from Oahu and initially booked her because I loved how happy everyone looked in her pictures. She made us feel so relaxed right away and fit right in with our group but also made sure to keep us on time and kept control of everything. She was also up for any of our suggestions and made sure we had all the pictures we wanted.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Reviews - Kauai (longish)

• Options
    CONGRATS!!!  It sounds like it was amazing!

I'm also doing Plantation Gardens, so I'm happy to hear the great reviews!!!  What menu items did you order (food and drinks)?  I'm curious what you thought of the items, as we haven't finalized our menu yet.

Congrats!  I'd love to see some photos when you have them!!!
  • Options
    Plantation Gardens was totally where I wanted to hold our wedding reception when we were thinking of getting married on Kauai.

I'm glad everything turned out so well! Can't wait to see pictures!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll make sure to post a link to pictures once we get them. 

Flash, I sent you a PM.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards