Hawaii
Options

Birthday/Scouting Trip Next Week!

The past couple weeks have been going by so slowly, and I think the added stress from my ex-planner just made it worse! So I'm slowly counting down the days until we're out of here and on Maui! 6 days to go...!

I wanted to ask you ladies if there is anything you need for me to check on while I am there! We are staying on the south side this time (never have, any suggestions for where to eat?!).

Hitting up Costco for alcohol prices...anybody else need me to look up anything else there?

We are also having a tasting with Food for the Soul, and we are more than likely going to book them, but of course we wanted to try the food first since we both love and find food to be super important! We are foodies, after all! Tongue Out We are also having another tasting with our cake baker since she has an expanded dessert and cake menu and we want to try her new offerings (Heidi of Maui Sweet Cakes).

So, if anybody would like for me to check on something, please let me know! I'd be happy to do what I can! Or if you need/want anything...
DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Birthday/Scouting Trip Next Week!

• Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I hope you have a nice stressfree time! You Should go get that money back from you old WC in person....although that may create stress.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_birthdayscouting-trip-next-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:8b8e219e-cd86-4040-8741-d5f32c89d39dPost:0cbfcb55-2122-4d20-8756-8ca3737d0116">Re:Birthday/Scouting Trip Next Week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope you have a nice stressfree time! You Should go get that money back from you old WC in person....although that may create stress.
    Posted by jtoly[/QUOTE]

<div>She said she sent me "checks." I received one for a little more than 1/2 of our deposit. Still waiting on the rest...</div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pssst macadamia nut single serve prices!  Also how much the patron is going for, we're of the patron loving peeps here in SoCal.  Also tell me what you think of Food for the Soul since we booked them and haven't had a taste.  Have fun!!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_birthdayscouting-trip-next-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:8b8e219e-cd86-4040-8741-d5f32c89d39dPost:66de8190-a05b-488f-9c6f-e97a682e5049">Re: Birthday/Scouting Trip Next Week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pssst macadamia nut single serve prices!  Also how much the patron is going for, we're of the patron loving peeps here in SoCal.  Also tell me what you think of Food for the Soul since we booked them and haven't had a taste.  Have fun!!!!
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

<div>Done! Added these to my to do list! I'll come back with a full report on Food for the Soul, too. :)</div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to ask about the Patron also. If you see any ideas for our scavenger hunt, nothing major but maybe a landmark or two. 
    Have a great time and enjoy yourself. 
  • Options
    Please let me know if you see good ideas at Costco for OOT bags. We are planning to swing by there after we land, but I am not exactly sure what they will have.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_birthdayscouting-trip-next-week?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:8b8e219e-cd86-4040-8741-d5f32c89d39dPost:d41ea003-e4d8-4412-bbcb-7e54e0dfe26f">Re: Birthday/Scouting Trip Next Week!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please let me know if you see good ideas at Costco for OOT bags. We are planning to swing by there after we land, but I am not exactly sure what they will have.
    Posted by mauigirl2012[/QUOTE]

<div>No prob! I'm planning on having OOT bags as well. Anything specific you were thinking of?</div><div>
    </div><div>I haven't put much thought into it, yet, but off the top of my head, I would want to include:</div><div><ul><li>Water bottles</li><li>Waialua soda </li><li>Hurricaine popcorn</li><li>Maui potato chips</li><li>Package of coffee</li><li>Hawaiian shortbread cookies</li><li>Travel tissue packets</li><li>Wet wipes</li><li>Box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts/caramacs</li><li>Tube of sun block</li></ul><div>Anything else you think might go well in a welcome/OOT bag?</div></div>
    DW Siggy Challenge

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    [QUOTE]She said she sent me "checks." I received one for a little more than 1/2 of our deposit. Still waiting on the rest...
    Posted by dianalynm[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with her?  I'm with Kaesha and can't wait for her to go down.  Sadly, I'm really good at vengeance, so let me know if you need to enlist me.
  • Options
    Good luck on your scouting trip and happy early birthday!!

I will be going to CA (ventura county area) in 6 days and my birthday is Friday ;-)

Places to eat on the south side:

Sansei - BOMB sushi!!! Def need reservations and on thurs-sun (i think) they have late night kareoke and 1/2 off sushi.

Kihei Cafe - local mom-and-pop shop for breakfast and lunch only. Closed usually by around 2.

Pizza Madness - AWESOME Pizza! So good...mmm...go early, usually tends to fill up by 6ish and gets slammed.

Have fun!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Oh! And for your OOT bags:

Make sure you get Maui ONION chips...the bags looks exactly same, so if you're wanting the the onion flavor, def double check them. The regular chip is good, but Maui Onion flavor is so yum!

Also, there are free magazine/brochures here callled the Maui Guide...you can find them find anywhere around a drugstore, activity centers, shopping plazas - that might be nice so your guests can have a handy guide for themselves when they aren't doing wedding organized outings =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Ooooh those OOT bag ideas are great! I think I am going to add a couple bottles of Kona Brew Co beer if Costco is carrying it and will definitely be getting the Maui onion chips. Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards