Hawaii
Options

Vendor Reviews!!!

I was a 10/11/12 bride on Oahu, and the day could not have gone any better. I scoured this board for recommendations and advice, so I thought I'd pay it forward. 

Day of Coordinator- Kathe Garcia- A+
Besides losing touch for a little but, Kathe more than made up for it the weeks prior to the wedding. She handled everything beautifully, and always with a smile.

Ceremony- Foster Point, Hickam AFB, A+
If you can have military access, this is a beautiful site to get married. Oceanfront with views of Waikiki and Diamondhead, and $100 for 7 hours. Includes bathrooms and a small kitchen and a huge gazebo just in case of inclement weather. 

Reception- Coconut Club, Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, A
Michael and Tiare were awesome. The banquest staff were very pleasant. Every request was accomodated as I asked. Most of the food was good. I was looking forward to the Mahi Mahi, which wasn't good :( Great affordable option and getting increasingly popular since they just raised their prices. 

Officiant- Kahu Bruce- A+++
A-maz-ing. helps you every step of the way as soon as you book with him. All of our guests raved about the ceremony

Hair and Makeup- Makeup By Bev A+
Punctual, works fasts, with spectacular work. She made a short bob look look like a long hairdo. Thin hair, curly hair, thick hair. she's awesome!

Musician- Art Kalahiki- A
Very good at entertaining our guests, and also provided some sound for the ceremony.

Rentals- Accel Rentals- A
Everything looked exactly how I wanted, no complaints

Limo- Jay's Limo A+
Arrived super early and waited around for us girls. kept the ac running while the girls were waiting for ceremony was about to begin.  it was HOT this week. the limo was a little outdated but clean.

wedding dress- VOWS bridal A+
Super helpful, with tons of selection. 

Photo- Ifloyd Photography- Don't know yet :)
(though i wish he had worn something more wedding appropriate instead of jeans, but that was a personal feeliing)

Video- Prince7 Studios- Don't know yet :)

Not a vendor but so so so helpful- Diana from Oahu Wedding. Though I didn't end up using Diana, she provided such thoughtful advice and help. I'm sure anyone would have a beautiful wedding with her. 

Re: Vendor Reviews!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!! Foster point looks beautiful. I wish I had known about it before we decided to get married on Maui. It's so hard to find info online about wedding services on base. Good to know though. Glad everything went well!
  • Options
    Looks great! I wonder if I can have my mother reserve the place. Do you have to be active military in order to reserve?. My mother is a dependent my father retired navy (passed away) me a 28yrs old that no longer has the benefits I wonder if we can still be able use the area for a wedding ceremony?

• Options
    Wow, that is a beautiful location!  Wish we had some military connections.
  • Options
    What beautiful photos! We are getting married there on march 22nd, 2013 at the coconut club. I have a few questions: Do you think the chairs need covers? We have never been there so we just heard that. If you did get them who did you use? Did you sit outside or inside? How many people came to your wedding? Did you have dancing? How was your dj? I would love to pick your brain.....can you send me some pics or post some? Congrats and hope you are enjoying the honeymoon! :) Kelly
  • Options
    Orange813Orange813 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I forgot one! 

Cake-Tiers of Joy- A+
    Delicious and beautiful. I don't like fondant so I needed someone that does very smooth buttercream work tha tlooks like fondant. Leigh from Tiers of Joy made an excellent cake that my groom and I were bummed it was all out before we could get a second slice. 

I don't know about the exact requirements to get married at Foster Point. the website for more info is www.greatlifehawaii.com. Hope that helps. 

As for the Coconut Club

I thought the chairs were "fugly" excuse my language lol.

They are green, felt banquet chairs, that didn't go with my scheme at all, but I couldn't bring myself to pay another $400-$500 for replacement chairs or chair covers that you won't see after everyone sits down. Coconut Club does not have chair covers. Truth be told the day of I didn't even noticed the chairs until I started looking at the pictures and I was like ew gross but that's just me.

Seating was outside. You can fit 8 6ft rounds max on the lanai (balcony). We had 8-9 people at a table with a sweetheart table. 

We did have dancing on another part of the lanai. About 10-20 people were dancing at a time and had enough room.

the dj.... ooohhh the dj. Since the Coconut Club/Tikis rents out the space from Aston Waikiki, you must use their Ipod Dj Service if you want music. Make your own playlist on an ipod and give to the dj to play. the dj also makes announcements. 

Here are some more personal pics: 

where we did our first look

• Options
    Thanks for your reply. Your pictures are beautiful and they give me hope that everything will work out. Where did you get those tablecloths? They are gorgeous. Do you think a long table would work as well? We are considering this rather than the rounds. Once again thanks so much of the info! Kelly
  • Options

Thanks, the table clothes I bought off another bride here on the boards. A long table would work just fine depending on your number of guests. Depending on what time you booked it for, remind your guests to bring sunglasses.

• Options
    Congratulations to you and your husband!

Thanks for writing on my post to check out your pix of the venue at Coconut Club.  I see the green velvet conference/banquet chairs you're talking about.. are those the only chairs they have? They seem to show the chiavari chairs (looks like bamboo) in their photos - I'm assuming they were from an events services company?

Do you have any photos of the interior of the Coconut Club?  I want to see what the layout is like so I can see if I need to get any pole&drapes set up.. Thanks so much!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_vendor-reviews-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:8fc97df2-5e36-4370-8795-510b2ec10f2dPost:185a573d-189c-4f01-bda2-dd030f6bd0f6">Re: Vendor Reviews!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot one!  Cake-Tiers of Joy- A+ Delicious and beautiful. I don't like fondant so I needed someone that does very smooth buttercream work tha tlooks like fondant. Leigh from Tiers of Joy made an excellent cake that my groom and I were bummed it was all out before we could get a second slice.  I don't know about the exact requirements to get married at Foster Point. the website for more info is <a href="http://www.greatlifehawaii.com." rel="nofollow">www.greatlifehawaii.com.</a> Hope that helps.  As for the Coconut Club I thought the chairs were "fugly" excuse my language lol. They are green, felt banquet chairs, that didn't go with my scheme at all, but I couldn't bring myself to pay another $400-$500 for replacement chairs or chair covers that you won't see after everyone sits down. Coconut Club does not have chair covers. Truth be told the day of I didn't even noticed the chairs until I started looking at the pictures and I was like ew gross but that's just me. Seating was outside. You can fit 8 6ft rounds max on the lanai (balcony). We had 8-9 people at a table with a sweetheart table.  We did have dancing on another part of the lanai. About 10-20 people were dancing at a time and had enough room. the dj.... ooohhh the dj. Since the Coconut Club/Tikis rents out the space from Aston Waikiki, you must use their Ipod Dj Service if you want music. Make your own playlist on an ipod and give to the dj to play. the dj also makes announcements.  Here are some more personal pics:  where we did our first look
    Posted by Orange813[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I'm having the chairs covered for my reception at the coconut club as I was told those are the only chairs they have. What other kinds of decorations are you having? When is your wedding?
  • Options
    Yup green chairs are the only kind they have. the chiavari chairs were definitely brought it somewhere else. don't forget table number stands because the coconut club didn't have them when I go married.

i don't have pics of the interior. But it's pretty bare. One unisex bathroom. The interior is divided into 3 sections by these walls that only go 2/3 of the way across. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards