Hawaii

Follow Up - Details & Reception Shots

And, I just realized I forgot to review a superstar vendor - Della Peacock with Dellables! 

Dellables - A+++++++++
While communication can be trying if you are someone who needs to talk to your vendors all the time, Della is 100% worth it!  Her work is fabulous and she is so fun and creative.  I wouldn't have booked anyone else! 

Here are some of our reception and detail pics as well.  I loved our clear top tent!!

First Dance

This is the dance area at Olowalu - it worked perfectly for us and I wouldn't waste the money to get a dance floor brought in. 

Loved our chair signs by the fabulous Michelle with Sweet Peas and Seashells on Etsy - she did all of our paperwork including our invitations.  She is so sweet and I just love her work! 

LOVED my shoes!

My bouquet was simply stunning.

Lighting inside the tent...

My only DIY - I made this basket for my flower girl.

Chair sign & view of the tent

Our cake - ignore the fingerprint, the kids got to it before our photog could!

And lastly, sunset shot of Olowalu

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Follow Up - Details & Reception Shots

• edited December 2011
    More swooning in this thread.  LOVE IT!!  I absolutely love your bouquet -- so incredibly pretty!
  • SunshinyLeesSunshinyLees member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ak WinterBride!! Sooo great to see your review!!! I knew from our communications you were so happy with everything which is amazing news since all our vendors are practically the same!!! Thanks for sharing more pics too, I've seen some on Cherise's facebook as well and holy cow your wedding was so beautiful!! Wondering what flavours you had for your cake? I've been looking for a picture of a cake that I liked and I think I may have to copy you lol!! Hope you don't mind;) Cherise said her favourite flavours are the white chocolate macadamia and red velvet cheesecake! Mmmm both sound devine;)Regarding the tent, we've ordered the clear top too! Where about's do they put it? Was it right next to the dance floor? Just trying to get an idea of the set up as we were considering brining in a dance floor.Thank again for all your help with my questions!Lees
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love your flowers, they are so pretty!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen! Your wedding was by far one of my favorite Hawaii bride weddings. I'm happy to say that we've become friends and I can say that a FRIEND of mine had the most beautiful wedding on Hawaii that I've ever seen :)
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011
    Sunshiney - Our cake was all white cake with the following fillings:

Bottom - Llikoi
    Middle - Raspberry
    Top - Plain old Vanilla custard

We loved it, it was super yummy!  And, a friend of mine just got married on Friday in Maui and had a cake from Maui Cakes and LOVED it.  So - bottom line, reviews are subjective and it is fairly easy to get dried out tasting cake since they don't bake a whole cake just for a tasting. 

Yes, for the clear top tent with the water barrels they set it up next to the dance floor.  It wasn't immediately next to it as you can see in the picture above but close enough so that you feel you are still part of the party when you're either in the tent or on the dance floor.  It was a perfect location!
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful!

I really loved the tent. Mind if I ask rough cost? I'm looking at renting one on Kauai.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011

In Maui the cost for the clear top tent was $575, and the standard lighting inside was $250.  I had my own star paper lanterns that I wanted and that added some cost to the lighting as well. 

But, I loved it!  I am so glad we decided to get it, and to go the clear top route.  I didn't want a tent that closed everything in, and this was perfect! You could still see the stars and it felt more like an open air wedding but with safety in case it were to have rained. 

I wouldn't change a single thing about our wedding, including the tent!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards