Hawaii
Options

Dress Steaming

Anyone know of places that you took your dress to be steamed?  Prices too by chance and how far in advance do you bring it in.  We will arrive Weds afternoon and marry Fri afternoon, thanks!

Re: Dress Steaming

• Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what island are you getting married on? That will help us to better answer your question.

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I just read your post on your bouquet, that you contacted Watanabe, so you must be getting married on Oahu. 

I got my dress steamed at the place where I did my alterations. It was called Masako Formals (www.masakohawaii.com). For me, since I did not purchase my dress there, it was $80 to steam. Since they already had my dress, I don't know what the window/time frame was they had to steam it. I just picked it up on Thursday, wedding was on Saturday. It sounds to me like you have a really tight time schedule. I'm sure if you call them you can arrange to get it done in one day.

Other girls on the board have brought their own steamers with them to do it. I just felt more comfortable having a professional do it so I wouldn't ruin it. I also had called around and $80 seemed to be the average price.

Good luck!

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be buying this steamer from amazon and having it shipped to a friend in oahu. I'm crossing my finger that it'll do the job. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00070OWMU/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I figure it's not going to touch the dress like an iron would so it's not as scary to me, plus it's one less place to have to go run around to.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend www.keepsakeswedding.com/gown.htm" target="_blank">Keepsakes Wedding Gown Preservation.  They will come to you for pick-up and delivery, with a 1 day turnaround.  I have a review in my married bio.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you! Yes Oahu :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also used keepsake gown and thought they did a great job. It was a little pricey though, I think I paid around $90 which includes pick up & delivery and steaming for gown & veil. But I would totally use them again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Well come to find out my mom didn't think her seamstress had a steamer, so I lucked out and she will do last minute alterations and steam my dress for free! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards