Hawaii

Men's attire

Hello! My wedding is in Wailea at Gannon's this July and I am struggling what my groom and his men should wear. My dress is pretty fancy so I don't just want my fianc in linen pants and a white shirt but we don't want the guys to have to spend a ton of money for suits either. I like the idea of my fianc in a grayish type suit but only with the suit vest and a tie underneath. As for the groomsmen would it look tacky if they wore gray pants and a nice white button up shirt? I am thinking the gray would look best as my dress is ivory with champagne colors on the bodice. What have other ladies done for the men in their wedding parties? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Men's attire

• My FI splurged on a nice grey suit...frech cuff...without tie.  Hes still deciding if he will go with shoes or sandals (wedding on grass), but his groomsmen will have grey pants and crisp white shirts.  I fugure they wont spend more then $120 or so for the shirt and pants together.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We rented black suits through Elly's in Maui.  They weren't badly priced and I love the look of them, I too would have felt out of place had my fiance work linen as it is just such a casual fabric and my dress was not casual.  Elly's was absolutely great to work with and everyone looked very handsome in their sutis!

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • DH and his best man bought new suits.  We found them at Macy's, waited for a sale, and used a coupon.  I think they paid something very reasonable, around $150, for a 2 piece Ralph Lauren suit.  They wore their own white shirts, and DH picked a yellow tie for himself and a gray tie for his brother (which we bought).
  • FI will be wearing a gray 3-piece custom suit. He waited and end up finding a Groupon for a suit-maker in SF that he wanted to go to before, so it worked out! Then the guys will be wearing gray slacks/pants and a white shirt, but I'm encouraging them to add some color from our color palette if they want since they won't have boutonnieres. I''m thinking his best man/brother is going to add a bow tie, or possibly suspenders! Haha. Something fun and to break-up the uniformity! :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FI bought a nice, dark grey suit and then got the GM matching pants.  They will all wear white shirts with a light blue pattern on them.  FI said he was willing to put up with the heat of the suit jacket for an hour but didn't want to subject GM's to it!!  I've seen lots of pics where the groom wears a full suit but the GM's only have shirts & pants

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards