Hawaii

dress steaming

I'm wondering how much people have paid to get their wedding dress steamed before the wedding?  The person at my hotel is quoting approximately (depending on all the materials) $80 and up for the wedding dress, $15 for men's linen shirts and pants, $15 for bridesmaids' dresses.  Is that reasonable?

Re: dress steaming

• Where are you getting married? I used Vannessa Thompson of Silver Stitch on Maui and paid less than what you're being quoted for the wedding dress for my dress, DH's outfit, another pair of pants for him and another dress for me. She did an incredible job, and my wedding dress was in a vacuum seal bag to travel and arrived SUPER wrinkled.
  • We're were on Oahu, and I paid $105 for both my dress and DH's suit.  LEt me know if you wnat contact info.  She did a great job

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I booked the same lady as Kendra and it seems that her price is very reasonable.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • We are getting married on Oahu.

kje - thanks!  I already got the contact information from you from a previous post - Kathy, right?  I just haven't contacted her yet because I thought I would start with the person that's at our resort.  Does Kathy charge for travel?  Did she come to you, or did you have to drop off your dress?
  • She didn't charge for travel or parking.  The $105 price was her flat fee for dress and suit.  She was great.  She came to our hotel room and worked in the bathroom and did it while I was getting make-up and hair done.  She ironed DH's shirt too.  

• We got lucky, the hotel took care of my dress no charge and I think like $20 for H's suit. And they got it done overnight, so the dress & suit were back the morning of the wedding
    Anniversary
  • Sp2012, you were at Turtle Bay, weren't you?  Congratulations!!! :)  

The quote I got was from Liz at North Shore Weddings & Flowers, the florist on site at Turtle Bay.  Our hotel coordinator had said to contact her for steaming...did you go through her or did you just ask the hotel concierge once you got there?
  • Noreen, yes turtle bay, thank you! My coordinator also suggested Liz, but I had some issues with her response time when researching for a florist so looked for other options. We called through the concierge but ended up transferred a few times and ended up talking to someone in housekeeping. Bell service came to our room to pickup about 9am and next day morning of the wedding they returned before 10am. They sent out our items to outside service I think. My dress for free was great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards