Hawaii
Options

Big Island Photographer

I live In Kona and am getting married in April. I have to put a plug in for my good friend McKenzie who is an amazing photographer. Check out her website at: http://mckenzieclarkphotos.phanfare.com/
....she does weddings too! Hope you enjoy her photos!

Re: Big Island Photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey...
    Who are you using for an officiant? I'm getting marriend in Kona in April of 2012 and I've phone interviewed two officiants and both of them flaked on me. That's the only thing that I still need to check off my list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HEY!
    We're using a family friend. I know of a few others but don't have their contact info handy, Let me know if you're still looking and I'd be happy to help you.
    By the way, I'm Kim...nice to meet you and happy new year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

HI Kim,

Yes, I'm definately still looking for an officiant. I went on the internet and pulled different verses and samples from various officiants and basically wrote out what I want to be said/performed. I just need someone "offical" to actually read it and perform a few of the hawaiian traditions. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I really didn't want to use any of the officiants that I have found on the internet that advertise everywhere. I don't like their style.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Also....who are you using for your hair and makeup?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aloha,

I know a couple that used Dard Aller as their officiant and liked him.
    http://www.beachweddingshawaii.com/dardgallery.htm

My hairstylist is Yolanda Hoefner (808) 937-2209. She's been doing my hair for years and she is great! She'll be doing my hair and my bridesmaids hair for my wedding. She has many years of experince not just as a stylist, but she's also been doing weddings for a long time at places like the Four Seasons and other resorts along the Kona Coast. For makeup I'm using Richann, she and Yolanda work together a lot. You can get Richann's number from Yolanda.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kim!

I have viewed Dard's info already and he's one that I didn't like. I may have to use him as a "last resort" but really...I wanted someone that isn't a "sellout". Does that make sense?

Does your family friend live on the island?

I'll definately check out Yolanda. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards