Hawaii
Options

Barry Maier in Oahu (aka Aloha Beautiful Hawaii Weddings)?

I am trying to find anyone that has used Barry Maier for wedding photography or is familiar with his work? His pictures look amazing on his website but I am curious to how real life experiences have worked out.

Thanks for any help!

Re: Barry Maier in Oahu (aka Aloha Beautiful Hawaii Weddings)?

• Options
    edited December 2011

We originally booked Barry Maier. He was our first vendor that we booked. He seemed so perfect and had amazing pictures. After we got deeper in the planning and hired a coordinator, we felt that it was a good idea to have a contract with him. (Just like all the other vendors!) He refused to have a contract with us. (we didn't like that) At a very tense time in my planning, he went silent and didn't return my phone calls or emails for almost 4 weeks! At the time, he was going to be our coordinator so we were totally stressed out when he wasn't getting back to us. After I emailed him and said that we wanted our deposit back and had hired someone else, he FINALLY responded and tried to turn it around like it was our fault. And went on and on about how busy he is and how many weddings he does every year. He's a smooth talker but we didn't want to risk such an important day. We have had to "fire" 3 other vendors for not being prompt. Maybe we're unrealistic but if they aren't making us a priority, we're going elsewhere. So far, so good!

Good luck with your search!

We found Elizabeth Morgan whose photos look amazing and he prices are pretty reasonable. We booked her but then she canceled because her mom's 80th birthday party is the same day as our wedding.

We're now going with Barbara Gibson of Terra Photography. We met her in December when we went out to Hawaii for our scouting trip. She's so nice in person and prices are definitely reasonable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards