Hawaii
Options

Gomes School Bus Service Inc

Hey I was just wondering if anyone has used Gomes service before? I'm trying to move 45 people from a boat cruise to our housing on the windward Side of the island. Gomes does private charters of School buses and their quote is 600 less then any of the other travel companies that I have spoken to!!!!!!!  Its almost too good to be true and I'm pretty sure everyone is going to love being on the school bus together again!
 Let me know if you have any major warnings!!!!!

thanks

Re: Gomes School Bus Service Inc

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  We didn't use Gomes, but we did use a Roberts school bus.  It was about $100 or $150 more than Gomes, but it had AC (and was still way less than private charters).  No problems with the bus itself, and everyone had a great time.

• Options
    eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I think I was the first one on this board to ever use Gomes. We worked with them during our wedding 2 years ago. We transported guests from Waikiki (Moana Surfrider) to Kualoa Ranch where we had our welcome reception/luau. I can't remember now how much we paid but I know it was way cheaper than a charter bus. Yes, it was a big yellow school bus but our guests (who mostly came from the mainland) didn't mind at all. No a/c was not an issue either since you know how Hawaii weather is plus with the windows open, they enjoyed the scenery. We had them stop at the Pali Lookout so that guests can take pictures. By the end of the night, we had the bus take the guests back from Kualoa to Waikiki. I guess being in a school bus brought back a lot of memories to some because we heard that DH's aunt and husband were making out at the back of the bus! lol.

We did not have any problems with them. I don't think we even sent a deposit or anything which made us slightly worried but later figured out that's how island people roll :-). Make sure you get a receipt at the end of the night!

GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards