Hawaii
Options

Kauai Rec's

Hey girls, FI and decided that we're going to island hop after our ceremony on Maui.  We're going to stay in Kauai and Oahu for a few days each, but we're going to stay in the hotel we were at last time in Oahu for our memories :)  For Kauai, what areas do you all prefer, what places to stay!  I know that Kaesha said she's staying at Whaler's Cove and Kauai Grand Hyatt when she comes back.  Anything else I should look up?

Re: Kauai Rec's

• Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know much about Kauai, but we were looking into going there as well and these condos are really nice and way better priced than the hotels: 
    http://www.outriggerwaipoulibeachcondo.com/
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We spent two nights in Princeville and five in Poipu.  We LOVED our condo in Poipu in the Kuhio Shores building.  I also recommend staying on the north side if you have time - it allows you the freedom to explore one of the most beautiful places in the world!

Also, a highlight of our trip was probably the least expensive activity we did in Hawaii - we rented beach cruiser bicycles at Coconut Coasters in Kapaa (on the east side), then rode them north along the paved path that hugs the coastline.  Take a bottle of water, a lunch, and some sunblock, and eat your lunch on a private beach at a covered picnic table, get gorgeous photos, and experience the beautiful coastline.  You won't get overheated b/c it's pretty breezy there, and the path is almost flat the whole way.  It was just a really nice relaxing little outing.  I definitely recommend it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Outrigger resort too - I've stayed in several Outrigger properties across the islands and they're always good. We probably would have chosen that one if my parents had decided they wanted to stay to that side of the island.
  • Options
    IrishgauchoIrishgaucho member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I haven't been to Kauai since I was a child, but we are going there for our honeymoon in May.  Based on the recommendations of some friends and reviews we read online, we are going to Princeville (2 days) and Poipu Beach (4 days).  Staying at Ko'a Kea Hotel & Resort in Poipu and the St. Regis in Princeville.  The St. Regis is pricey, but everyone we have spoken to says it is worth it.  We were also able to get a reduced rate online using one of St. Regis' current promotions - first night full price and second night 40% off.  I think the promotion ends December 31st. 

Just looking at all the resorts and condos makes me wish I were there now - much more inviting than the snow outside here!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are honeymooning there for 6 nights and then hitting Oahu for 2 before going home.

We are looking to spend 3 nights on the north side and haven't figured out accomodations yet.  We are looking at the St. Regis or Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas.  The next three nights on the south side at Poipu Beach at the Koa Kea.  I love boutique hotels and one of my girlfriends was there recently and brought back gorgeous pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married this year in Poipu, and we (all 35 of us) loved the Grand Hyatt in Poipu.  It was amazing, great restaurants and an amazing pool area, which is always important to me.  We bought Hyatt certificates at Costco, which esentially knocked 20% off the price of everything we charged to our room.

I've also stayed a few times at the Marriott in Lihue, which is more "centrally" located and it was great too, great pool area, smaller than the Hyatt, but plenty or room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards