Hawaii

Choosing Videography and DJ's! NEED YOUR HELP!

Hey Knotties!

Has anyone used 10th Letter Media or know anyone who has?  Their prices seem the most reasonable compared to many of the other Videographers in Oahu. 

For DJ's, has anyone used Music Express (rick)? Or know of any good but affordable DJ's?  A few DJ's are so pricey-  $2000 seems way too pricey for my wedding of 50 people!

I'd rather splurge on other things like Photography (yay for Shawn Starr!). 

Im getting married at Lani phase 2 if that makes any difference :-D

Re: Choosing Videography and DJ's! NEED YOUR HELP!

• edited December 2011
    I used Tony So as my DJ and I thought he was pretty affordable.  He was also willing to negotiate on price which was nice (to help me get the package I wanted).  I had a wedding of 40 and Tony definitely helped keep the energy going through the whole reception. He also did the ceremony music. thedjhawaii.com

We used The Big Picture Productions as our videographer.  Scott was nice and worked with us to put together a package that suited our needs.  He also was negotiable on his prices and willing to cut some deals. thebigpicturevideo.com
  • edited December 2011
    AWww we're getting married two days apart!! Ours is Aug 8th...we are using Ryan from Hi-Def Productions for our DJ and although we havent booked him, we might also be using Scott from Big Picture!!

We are also using Shawn Starr for photography!! Eeeek!! =)
  • machan2010machan2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Music Express, recommended by our WC.  I think if you go on weddingwire.com, there are some positive reviews of his company.

We are also using Scott from The Big Picture.  He is really nice and will send samples of some of his work, just ask!  It was great to see videos of Lani! 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hey there! 

i totally recommend Ryan from Hi Def for DJ services!  he is sooo awesome!  i cannot say enough about him.  he priced so well and he is just the sweetest person ever!  his music choices were perfect. contact him!   he totally exceeded my expectations!!!  here is his info:  hidefsoundproductions@yahoo.com

fisheye studio is who i would recommend for video.  joshua and his team are amazing and his work speaks for itself.  here is their website where you can see my teaser.

www.fisheyestudioinc.com

if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at
    ryandjenatlani09 at gmail dot com
    ryan and jennifer |august 10, 2009| lanikuhonua phase II
  • marisajefmarisajef member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Theresa!!! that's so awesome! :-D  Lani and Shawn for the both of us- two days apart!!  ^_^    I'm from Cali too- living in Arcadia. 

Jennifer- my wedding day is the same as yours just 1 year apart!  i really like the work of fisheye studios!  I will definitely check out that DJ u and a few others used!

Thanks everyone for your suggestions- the people on this board rock :-) 

• edited December 2011
    check out Stereo Waltz Films.  They did my wedding and rocked my socks off!

They are based out of LA but I know one of the videographers is from Hawaii or something so maybe the trip wouldn't be too much for him to come out and do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards