Hawaii
Options

Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?

We are planning to get married next Spring (2013) in Hawaii. We are still undecided on what island to get married on.
Somebody suggested we check out Haiku Mill in Haiku, HI (on Maui).

Looking for anyone who has gotten married here, or can provide with us any helpful information.  Their website pictures look stunning!

Re: Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?

• Options
    I have never been but know of a couple I used to work with that got married there last week...

It is so beautiful!! Well, from the photos....

I know that since it's upcountry, it can get chilly...

But that's pretty much all I know!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anybody-married-at-haiku-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:b1f517f7-cd06-45a9-9bfa-6e85d8276bf0Post:db3a1383-c0bd-4969-a5ee-5ddf5fffebda">Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are planning to get married next Spring (2013) in Hawaii. We are still undecided on what island to get married on. Somebody suggested we check out Haiku Mill in Haiku, HI (on Maui). Looking for anyone who has gotten married here, or can provide with us any helpful information.  Their website pictures look stunning!
    Posted by aaucoach[/QUOTE]

<div>I emailed them for information... they basically said to expect the price to be about 1k per person invited ... aka 30 person wedding will average $30,000</div>
  • Options

Hi there!
    I'm getting married next summer too and was just in Hawaii doing about 20 (!!) different site inspections both in Oahu and Maui!

Haiku Mills was one of them. Its located upcountry in Haiku where they are prone to rain. I have been to 1 wedding there where it rained all day! So getting a clear tent (which covers the roof of the mill is a must) - I believe they provide it with an additional cost (or knows a company that do - it was pretty pricey, around 4k).

The mill is very pretty...and the house is so cute and very vintage. They have done a lot to maintain the place, and have done a spectacular job! I must say the photos do not do it justice.

The mill itself is smaller than you expect so if you do the ceremony inside (as all do), the guests would have to vacate from inside the mill and go outside for the cocktails whilst they convert it into a reception. My planner said most do it under the huge mango tree right outside the mill.
    I personally didn't like this idea - the mango tree is really large and the majority of the branches are long and almost touching the ground....there wasn't much space inside the branches for people to stand around either.

I hope this gives you a bit of an idea. If you have any other questions, let me know. I alsoI have taken quite a few photos so if you would like to see them, PM me!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anybody-married-at-haiku-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:b1f517f7-cd06-45a9-9bfa-6e85d8276bf0Post:b8fe23f4-f73e-4c35-997a-fd0fbbe6fe98">Re: Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Anybody Married at Haiku Mill? : I emailed them for information... they basically said to expect the price to be about 1k per person invited ... aka 30 person wedding will average $30,000
    Posted by msmajor[/QUOTE]

YIKES!!! That is pricey!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    corinemomentscorinemoments member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anybody-married-at-haiku-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:b1f517f7-cd06-45a9-9bfa-6e85d8276bf0Post:db3a1383-c0bd-4969-a5ee-5ddf5fffebda">Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are planning to get married next Spring (2013) in Hawaii. We are still undecided on what island to get married on. Somebody suggested we check out Haiku Mill in Haiku, HI (on Maui). Looking for anyone who has gotten married here, or can provide with us any helpful information.  Their website pictures look stunning!
    Posted by aaucoach[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I got married at Haiku Mill, November 9th, 2011. It was such a great experience, a dream come true! The entire planning process went really well, our planner Stephanie Shepherd is so professional and creative, all of her knowledge and experience really helped make our day go as smoothly as possible. We were looking to get married at a one of a kind location with an intimate, dreamy atmosphere and were so happy to have chosen Haiku Mill. </div><div>All the vendors (florists, caterers, bar, photographer) were above our expactations.We had about 10 minutes of rain, after the ceremony and it wasn't a concern because of all the tenting. Our family and friends were in awe as to how gorgeous everything was! It was perfect day in every way.</div><div>I would absolutely recommend getting married at Haiku Mill!  </div><div>Happy Bride!

</div>
  • Options
    I have a friend who was married at Haiku Mill.  Aesthetics-wise, it's absolutely stunning and really unlike most other venue options.  However, she did seem quite frustrated with the policies of the site, including the limited options for vendors they were allowed to choose.  If flexibility is key to you, this might not be a great venue.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anybody-married-at-haiku-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:b1f517f7-cd06-45a9-9bfa-6e85d8276bf0Post:fe8e1686-3242-4bb7-8bca-8e25f41b7675">Re: Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there! I'm getting married next summer too and was just in Hawaii doing about 20 (!!) different site inspections both in Oahu and Maui! Haiku Mills was one of them. Its located upcountry in Haiku where they are prone to rain. I have been to 1 wedding there where it rained all day! So getting a clear tent (which covers the roof of the mill is a must) - I believe they provide it with an additional cost (or knows a company that do - it was pretty pricey, around 4k). The mill is very pretty...and the house is so cute and very vintage. They have done a lot to maintain the place, and have done a spectacular job! I must say the photos do not do it justice. The mill itself is smaller than you expect so if you do the ceremony inside (as all do), the guests would have to vacate from inside the mill and go outside for the cocktails whilst they convert it into a reception. My planner said most do it under the huge mango tree right outside the mill. I personally didn't like this idea - the mango tree is really large and the majority of the branches are long and almost touching the ground....there wasn't much space inside the branches for people to stand around either. I hope this gives you a bit of an idea. If you have any other questions, let me know. I alsoI have taken quite a few photos so if you would like to see them, PM me!
    Posted by bubsie77[/QUOTE]

Can you please share with us your thoughts on the other 19 places you visited on your recon trip.
    Thank you!
    Maui bound
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_anybody-married-at-haiku-mill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:b1f517f7-cd06-45a9-9bfa-6e85d8276bf0Post:c9ab842b-6f12-4d95-9b6e-f81af939c4a7">Re: Anybody Married at Haiku Mill?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anybody Married at Haiku Mill? : Can you please share with us your thoughts on the other 19 places you visited on your recon trip. Thank you! Maui bound
    Posted by Find[/QUOTE]
    Hi! The 19 other venues are both for Oahu and Maui...just looking at your signature, did you just want the Maui ones?
  • Options
    I would love more information on the other 19 venues that you looked at in Maui.  We are planning a Hawaii wedding from Arizona so any help is appreciated!  THANK YOU!!!
    HMWalsh4904

• Options
    @hmwalsh I'm also planning a wedding in Maui from Arizona :-) we are getting married at Haiku Mill in July 2014
  • Options
    @racheogle I have just pencilled in a date for July 2014 as well! I'm wondering now though about where guests would stay - everybody is coming from overseas and I want them to be based in a lively beach spot that's good for swimming and going out. Do you know where most people stay when they have weddings at Haiku Mill? Is it a huge mission to base the party elsewhere and then shuttle in on the day?
  • Options
    @annexavirea we are staying in wailea right around the wedding and going to have a shuttle for our guests most likely- there isn't much to do around the mill so we decided against staying really close. Also something I wasn't aware of- if you stay in Lahaina or anywhere on the west side you run the risk of being blocked from reaching the mill- apparently there is only one road going from the west side to where the mill is located and it has been completely closed before because of a bad accident or fires- I'm excited to be able to chat with someone else getting married at Haiki Mill!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards