Hawaii
Options

Mrs. now, PIP and reviews later!

ALOHA!  Not only am I a toasty coconut color I am also Mrs. now!  First day back at work and taking a break to post this recap.  The days before the wedding was awesome but windy here and there so I was worried that Thursday would be a windy disaster BUT the day of the wedding turned out to be gorgeous, sunny clear skies a light breeze and big swells and crashing waves for a perfect back drop to our pictures. The girls and I went to the venue first and got our hair and make up done.  Danish Man and his groomsmen came a few hours later and got ready.  The whole day went by so quickly but I enjoyed every second.  I loved my air brushed make up and the hair stylist put my hair up in a low bun with braids, curls, knots and twists.  Topped it off with fresh flowers, I cound't believe how many bobby pins I was pulling out at the end of the night.  Danish Man looked so handsome, that I was super excited to be marrying him.  Yay!  There is so much that I can't recall it all.  If you have a specific question I be better answering that.  Like what was the food like or my favorite part or songs....  Anyways here we go...

Me!  All done up with a fan in my hand I was getting hot. But the breeze outside on the lanai was so nice.

My adorable neice as the flower girl

The bouquets

My bouquet, I loved it!

The chuppah and ceremony site...

I brought paper lanterns and raffia fans for the ceremony and the WC set them up for me.

Our first look, as I was walking up Danish Man had his back to me and whoa his ass looked good in those pants!

The guys just before the ceremony started.

The ceremony, Steffen cried during his vows and made everyone else in the crowd cry, which made me hold it together since one of us had to be the solid one.  I loved that he was emotional though.

Mr. & Mrs.!

Walking from the ceremony towards the reception area, I loved this venue and how simple and beautiful it was.

Signing the marriage license with Pastor Pia, who promptly went surfing afterwards :) can't blame him the waves were epic.

Waiting on the lanai just before formal introductions.

Danish Man's younger sister is an artist and made this for us as a guest sign in, we're going to frame it and put it up in the living room.

The reception area was right near by the ceremony area, still ocean front view.

The waves made for such a beautiful back drop and the sounds were so soothing.

Center pieces and table names, they were each named after countries or places that we have traveled.

Sweetheart table, I love our Mr. & Mrs. sign

Wedding cupcakes and we cracked a creme brulee with our big ass personalized wedding spoon.

Our first dance

I hope that you enjoyed the pics!  I can't wait for the professional ones and the video to arrive!

Re: Mrs. now, PIP and reviews later!

• Options
    wanted to show you ladies pics of my hair as well, the stylist did such a great job and I was so happy to have the hair off the back of my neck.

Finished product make up and hair!

• Options
    So beautiful! Who did your hair again....I forgot
  • Options
    EEEKKK!!!!!   I love those photos!!  Everythin looked beautiful, but I love the setting.  And the bluey-turquoise color of your linese was gorgeous.  Congratulations!!

• Options
    Wow!!  So stunning.  You look incredible and I love the dress.  Everything is just gorgeous and I *love* that Danish Man cried during his vows.  I can't believe you are a MRS now!  It seems like not that long ago you were just planning this wedding that was waaaaay far away :)

Thanks for sharing.  Can't wait for your reviews and more photos!
  • Options
    Gorgeous! You look great and looks like everything went so smoothly! congrats!!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!  Tanq, I can't believe the day has come and gone.  It was such a magical day and Maui was gorgeous BUT I am happy to be home, married and living my life again.  No more wedding planning!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_mrs-now-pip-and-reviews-later?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:b2858132-9431-49b1-8c0e-eeb05d5ffe31Post:c0253ea4-6146-40a0-99bd-c1d355b4bba4">Re: Mrs. now, PIP and reviews later!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So beautiful! Who did your hair again....I forgot
    Posted by allisonpickup80[/QUOTE]

Regina C. did my hair, we didn't do a hair trail so I looked through her photo book and showed her parts of hair styles that I liked and she made it happen for me. There were little braids here and there in my bun. 
  • Options
    Your wedding looks amazing. Love the waves in the background. Glad to hear everything went so well. :)
  • Options
    Awww, I am so glad everything went so well. Your hair looked amazing, heck you looked stunning. I keep thinking I will completely lose it at the ceremony but I have a feeling I will also be the one to hold it together and he will cry. 
    Love the colors and your table names turned out beautifully. Can't wait to read the reviews. 
    Thank you for sharing. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_mrs-now-pip-and-reviews-later?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:b2858132-9431-49b1-8c0e-eeb05d5ffe31Post:b3f5584c-e6b7-4d51-b9b2-e7bbb886da91">Re: Mrs. now, PIP and reviews later!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone!  Tanq, I can't believe the day has come and gone.  It was such a magical day and Maui was gorgeous BUT I am happy to be home, married and living my life again.  No more wedding planning! In Response to Re: Mrs. now, PIP and reviews later! : Regina C. did my hair, we didn't do a hair trail so I looked through her photo book and showed her parts of hair styles that I liked and she made it happen for me. There were little braids here and there in my bun. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

So pretty!
  • Options
    You looked sooo beautiful!  Love your hair, so pretty.  Looks like everything turned out wonderfully.  Congratulations! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YAYYYYYY! Everything looks so great! Congrats!
  • Options
    Great looking pictures!!! Congrats.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    You looked beautiful, as well as everything else! I loved your hair, gorgeous! I love the fact that your DH cried during your vows. My DH did also but I somehow kept it together too. I absolutely loved your colors together, they looked great. Congrats!!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards