Hawaii
Options

Wedding Block

I'm having a bit of a wedding block right now. Yes, it's still 18 months til the wedding and we already have a bunch figured out and deposits paid, but I just can't seem to work on it right now.  I think it's because we are right in the middle of the holidays and I am very busy with work with 8 children going to adoption committee this month, as well as organizing a media day to get videos made of children waiting to be adopted.  I think I just have too much on my plate right now and my brain won't even let me think about the wedding or AHR. I get a little worried thought when I see others who put stuff off and are now scrambling.  I hope it passes soon. 

Re: Wedding Block

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ooh you have plenty of time! We were engaged for 18 months and the real planning/getting stuff done didn't happen until 6-7 months beforehand. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. Plus it is a good thing to take a break every now and then. When you come back to your wedding planning, you will be refreshed and ready to go!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Time outs are good. I had 20 months... and though I went through a million ideas, nothing was set in stone until we started mailing things out. Even then... oh, my poor caterer... I changed my menu like 5 million times.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No worries, Kimmy, plenty of time.  Our entire engagement will be less than a year, and by the time we get married we'd have planned for a total of 8 months, elasped time.  So you can pretty much take a year off and still pull this thing off... Tongue out
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just came out of one - I just hit this period where I didn't even want to look at anything wedding related. I took about 2 1/2 months off and when I came back to it it seemed all the problems fell into place and was able to solve everything that seemed to be stressing me out with fresh eyes. A break is good!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, time outs are great, especially when you have a long planning period.  We had 17 months between our engagement and our wedding, and I booked all of our vendors ASAP and then have been taking the last few months 'off' from wedding planning.  True, I was still on here a lot but I didn't buy anything or do anything new during this time.  I am just now coming out of my 'time off', as we have less than 7 months now- finally!  I think I would have driven myself insane if I had been working on wedding stuff this whole time! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback and words of encouragement.  We are going on vacation to Palm Springs and LA in February and I figure if nothing else will be able to get me out of this funk that I know vacation will. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards