Hawaii
Options

Wedding Coordinator/Consultant Costs

I'm still a little confused on the cost of wedding coordinators/consultants - if you get a package is their price included vs. if you hire one alone and then plan from there?  Do they have a flat fee or do they cost a percentage of the final amount?  Sorry if these are basic questions, I'm still trying to figure out our budget and I have no idea how much to include for a coordinator/consultant.
IAmPregnant Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wedding Coordinator/Consultant Costs

• Options
    misslolmisslol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd start getting quotes - email some coordinators and find out what they can offer you.  I found the people I contacted did this in different ways and for different prices.

Also, many resorts come with their own planner - if you're having a resort wedding this is worth looking in to!

Good luck :)
    December Siggy Challenge
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Where we met - Mount Isa
    a small mining town in the Australian Outback. Neither of us are from there but we both moved there in the second last year of highschool. He was moved next to me in maths class to stop him talking. It didn't work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the short answer is it depends. Some will charge a flat fee and some will charge a percentage.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They do it both ways, but I found the flat rate much easier to budget for.

Another consideration is whether the coordinator you're looking at allows you freedom in your vendor selection, or only works with a smaller set of vendors.  I didn't want to be limited to certain vendors, so this was important to me.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Suwannee - the coordinator I went with has all of her costs built in and I think if I add in anything extra on top of what is already included such as her finding hair or make up, she'll take a percentage on that cost as well.

What I'm hoping to find out (and sorry to jump in on your question - hope this isn't bad posting etiquette) but I'm curious to know your opinions on the tipping of the coordinator as well??? When you purchase a pkg w/ a coordinator do you think I'm still obligated to tip out the coordinator and other vendors (i.e photographer), or do you think the costs they've built in for themselves is enough??????
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    definitely check around and ask for a price list.  I've been meeting with coordinators and planners and finally settled on mona hirata of weddings by grace and mona.  I agree with the others that the flat rate deal is a lot easier to budget for.  

I think the best advice is to actually go and meet with them after you've seen their prices and see if you *click* and get along well...after all they will be your go to gal! :)  Another thing to ask is if the person you meet with is the one that will actually be with you on the wedding date.  I've found that a lot of them have separate people to do the coordination and others who plan the event.  also be sure to have them explain their role...may sound funny but after actually meeting with some, I've realized that what you think they might do isn't what they actually do...email me or PM me for more info :)

as far as tipping goes the wedding cafe put on this budget planning and timeline workshop and they actually talked about tipping...check it out... http://vimeo.com/10079300  

HTH :) 
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our WC had flat rate packages www.hawaiiweddingsandevents.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards