Let me start with the fact that we will be paying for this wedidng ourselves along with the accomodations of 5 family members. OUCH! We picked Maui (Sept. 2012) for a very special reason....my FI's father passed recently and they're last trip together was to Maui. It will be a very special day not only because of our marriage but also because it sort of pays tribute to his memory.
Ok...down to business. We have about $6000 set aside for wedding stuff:
Invites(DIY), flowers, coordinator, venue, ceremony, reception, cocktails, minister, photographer, dinner, cake, rehersal, etc.
Our rings are bought and paid for already. We will still need our attire for the wedding but I'm not including that in the 6k. We have 19 people who have already commited and about 6 more family members who probably won't be able to make but haven't gotten back to us yet.
I do not want to get married on the beach because I want it to be very private. I like Merrimans but the cost is pretty high so....
1. What other restaurants have private areas we can have cake, first dance, and dinner?
2. Are there other grassy overlooks we can have our ceremony at besides Gannons? I do not like the idea of being married so close to the main entrance road.
3. Are there condos that let you have a ceremony on their property, please provide names?
4. What coordinator did you use or can you do it all alone?
5. How much did you spend on alcohol for dinner?
Here is my last dilema...
Although Maui would mean the world to FI and his family, a somewhat close friend/co-worker has offered his home to us to get married. It is a beautiful estate with a tropical pool, etc (located near San Diego) and would save us a lot of money. I really want our wedding to be nice and I may have to give up some of my dreams to be able to afford a decent ceremony/reception in Maui. Not to mention we would not be able to stay too long after for a HM. What would you all do???
" title="Weddings"><img src="http://global.theknot.com/tickers/tte775f.aspx
" alt="Wedding Countdown Ticker" border="0" /></a>
139 Were invited to paradise!
39 Are ready to party!
100 Are stuck on the mainland!
0 Need to check their mail!