Hawaii

Maui DJ's

Hi Ladies,

Does anybody have any recommendations for DJ's on Maui?

Also, any pros/cons for the following?

*Del Sol (www.mauiweddingdj.com) Felipe Delgado Jr.
*DJ Boomshot (Jay Langworthy)

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Re: Maui DJ's

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have heard good things of DJ Boomshot, I ended up booking DJ Dan.  My WC also recommended DJ Wilmont.  What services are you expecting from the DJ, booking ceremony and reception or just reception? 
  • What kind of DJ are you looking for?  An MC+DJ?  More of a party mix type DJ?  We used DJ Dan (Viola) and he was awesome.  He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception.  Really good at keeping the flow, adjusting the timeline based on what was happening, getting folks on the floor, and actually being very much unnoticed despite playing a key role.  I realized how thankful I was for him when we met the day day before the wedding for a walkthrough and he had everything organized -- we didn't have to worry about a single thing.  He made it super easy for a bride who didn't want to micromanage the music situation.  And he was classy, articulate, and professional.

We spoke with both DJ Del Sol and Boomshot in our screening process.  Nothing bad to say about either, but Dan really stood out to us in professionalism and we just clicked on the phone.  We probably talked to 10 DJs on island before settling on Dan. 
  • Thank you! I have left messages with the ones mentioned above!

I am just looking for cocktail music for dinner then a little bit of dancing. A DJ that doesn't take over the show with talking and keeps the flow going is a plus!

Tanq: Was the pricing  and minimums similar with the people you talked to?
  • how much did dj dan charge? and please, tell me how to get ahold of him, thanks!
  • edited January 2012
    http://www.djdanmaui.com/

He quoted me $750 for 3 hours. 
  • We used DJ Boomshot and he was perfect.  He wasn't too 'wedding DJ' which is exactly what we wanted, we didn't want someone making jokes or trying to interact with our guests but rather just someone to keep things going and play good music.  Jay was exactly what we were looking for, he was extremely professional and had all of our guests dancing all night!!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards