Hawaii

No chairs on beach?

I am planning a beach wedding but recently found out that Hawaii does not allow chairs, arches, or tiki torches on the sand! Yikes!

Any ideas to compensate for the restrictions? I heard pillows are another alternative to chairs.

Re: No chairs on beach?

• People could just stand. But pillows are a great idea, blankets in your wedding color and theme, even the bamboo or raffia mats would work.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • The guests at our beach wedding stood.  The ceremony was only about 15 mins. (although there's the standing around time before and after), and we didn't have any guests who were unable to stand.
  • Can you bring beach chairs?

• Guests can bring beach chairs, but no wedding services as far as I know will set up on the beach for you.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a meltdown when I found out you can't have chairs on the beach! I've decided to go with big beach towels in our colors with pillows. I didn't know tiki torches were not allowed though, and I am planning on having a couple with flowers in them.. My florist said that was ok. You are allowed to have chairs and an arch on grass. So if you really want chairs, find a beach with a grassy area nearby.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_no-chairs-on-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:cd8ed547-81e3-4850-bed0-1aa3c96010e3Post:13a2c816-2230-469a-9d76-b6c7c4d0fc56">Re: No chairs on beach?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a lot of beautiful places that are grassy where you can set up your chairs and arches that are just inches seriously inches from the sand so you can have the look of the ocean and sand with the beauty and elegance of the chairs and arch. Also the green grass and flowers in front of the deep blue ocean are a magnificent look all together! Which island are you planning to get married on? I can send you some venues like I described.
    Posted by jaschelle[/QUOTE]

Can you please send me the grassy venues you mentioned? Our wedding is in March and I've never been to HI, so I'm not sure where to have the ceremony. I'm leaning toward Wailea based off recommendations for that time of year. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Very small group of 8 or so. I really would love a palm tree and view of another island too! lol Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I heard the penalty for having chairs on the beach is horrible- like guests being arrested and a 5,000$$$ fine. Although the chances of being arrested are slim, it still is not worth the risk. I have decided to go with mats held down with rocks and lots of flowers.  I would prefer chairs but the mats look still look classy.

• Can you send me links to places in view of a beach where chairs can be set up? Thanks so much, there's so much to think about!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_no-chairs-on-beach?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:cd8ed547-81e3-4850-bed0-1aa3c96010e3Post:ecea45c8-db6d-41a5-9749-5320abc139e3">Re: No chairs on beach?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No chairs on beach? : Can you please send me the grassy venues you mentioned? Our wedding is in March and I've never been to HI, so I'm not sure where to have the ceremony. I'm leaning toward Wailea based off recommendations for that time of year. Suggestions greatly appreciated. Very small group of 8 or so. I really would love a palm tree and view of another island too! lol Thank you!
    Posted by FutureMrsBrandonLucas[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards