Hawaii
Options

For those who are doing an AHR

What are some of your plans? Cake no cake? Games? Favors? Dancing? Decor? Special cocktails? Order of events throughout the evening?

Inspire me please....

TIA

Re: For those who are doing an AHR

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having dueling pianos for entertainment, and having really great food. It's at a hotel near us.

As for cake-- we're doing cupcakes instead, and also having cheesecake & truffles.

No games. 

Favors: Maui Wow-wee Chocolate Bars
    Dancing: there will be a dance floor but FI and I will not do any "spotlight" dances.
    Decor: For the most part we're going with what they give us.
    Special Cocktails: Margaritas because they're very "us"
    Order of events:

4PM people arrive and the piano players are doing their "light" set.
    5PM dinner, followed by our 2 minute wedding video.
    6PM-8PM music resumes and the piano players bring out the full on party set, with a short break for dessert.
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally we wanted to go bigger with our AHR, but I seriously went through our budget this week and we can't afford it.  I just don't want to go into debt over all of this.  So, we are now going more lowkey for the AHR.  Our big splurge with be for a bartender to keep both FI and I sane and able to visit with everyone. We will have our signature drink, as well as 3 other drinks.  We will also have Hawaiian sodas, juices and ice tea.  We are having Asian, Hawaiian and sushi appetizers to eat.  Our AHR is going to be from 2-6. Which means after lunch and before dinner. The food is just meant to be munchies. We are going to have cupcakes and a candy bar.  The candy bar was actually really cheap to do and will be the favor for everyone. We will have the ipod playing and the cornhole and ladder golf to play in the backyard. Our backyard is already done with a tropical theme and we will have our basement tiki bar open, too. 
  • Options
    FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are just starting to plan ours.  When we first started planing our at home wedding, before the Maui switch, we found an old house in our town that you could rent.  Both of us are trying to decide if we want to have it there or in my Mothers backyard.  Just depends on how many people.  We are thinking a low key bbq, with pork, some Hawaiian treats and ipod music. At first I wanted a Luau theme but the more I think of it we are just going with our elegant beach theme.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally had a venue selected in our hometown to hold our AHR but in light of our recent necessity to cut costs, we are going to have it in our backyard. We're still debating on if we will have an open house style or a more formal sit-down dinner with our friends and family. Our backyard is pretty big but I think 100 at once is pushing it. So we're still back and forth. The location change has just happened so still trying to work out the details but will probably include food, our wedding video, drinks and hopefully dancing (what I'm most excited about!). I think we'll decorate the tables with many of the same items that we're using for the wedding- figured might as well try to get two uses out of them and only a small number of friends and family will see it in Maui. We're most excited to show the wedding video and pictures with all our friends and family who won't be with us in Maui. Have fun planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards