Hawaii
Options

Coordinators in Maui?

Can anyone help me in finding a good wedding coordinator in Maui? I don't know much about Hawaii so i need to depend on a coordinator for pretty much everything! I need someone that will work with me, i'm kind of picky about the packages that some places offer. Ha! But i know what i want..

Re: Coordinators in Maui?

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Arabelle at Ancient Hawaiian Weddings. I love love love her.  She is all about what I want and working with me on everything.  I researched so many people and she was the first person that I found was about the wedding itself instead of making money off of me.  Huge difference.  She is also there whenever I need a random question answered about whatever.  She met her husband on the beach on Maui, so she totally has a soft spot for romance on the beach :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh there are quite a few :-)  Can you tell us more about what you're looking for?  Do you want to pick your own vendors, or have the coordinator use whoever is their 'usual'?  Are you looking for low, medium, or high end?  Are you looking for fixed price, or variable?

Lots of options, but it helps to know what you're looking for...and BTW, welcome!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We worked with Lori (and Jackie) at Tropical Maui Weddings.  Review in bio.  They were great to us, worked within our budget, and were just a fantastic resource for ideas little (places to find locally baked pie) to big (a better beach for our ceremony). We couldn't have been happier with them.

Also, it was important to us that we be able to select our vendors ourselves, whoever they may be.  You have complete freedom with Lori - she'll set you up with a package, if you'd rather go that route, but you can also pick your own photographer/officiant/whatever, and she'll set that up for you as well.  She has recommendations based on her experiences, but works with you to help you create your own unique experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! 
    Tanq&tonic- I'm kind of open to suggestions! I don't know about any specific vendors i'd be interested in because I really don't know anything about Hawaii. I know you're probably thinkin i'm crazy, i just began with all this and i'm trying to find a place to start. I need a coordinator that will work with me and give me ideas but at the same time give me the freedom to choose what i want. As price is concerned, i'm kind of in the middle i guess. I'm not going to have a huge amount of people so i'm sure that will cut down on price but it doesn't have to be really fancy and expensive. I kind of just want a simple beach wedding. I've read quite a few packages and they all include extra stuff i'm not really interested in- like music, conch shell blowing, sand ceremonies, circle of flowers for you to stand in.. that stuff is a little too much for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started typing a super long post, but  in the interest of forum decency, if you're interested in more details, just email me: tanqntonik@gmail.com.  :-)
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, since I didn't know much about places around there...I wanted it to be where I was given choices and then I chose from there.  I could find my own, but I was happy with my choices given to me.  It made is super easy for me.  I said the budget, what I wanted, worked out a price with me, was given choices of vendors for each thing.  I planned it super fast and now I just can't wait for it to happen :)

My advice is to keep searching until you find someone offering exactly what you are wanting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm working with Kelly at a Perfect paradise dream wedding.  I had no idea what I wanted or where to get married (beach) and she offered up ideas at our first phone conversation even when I had no idea if I wanted to work with her or not.  She's been really nice to work with.  She's away right now for the Christmas holiday, so if you contact her, she may take awhile to get back to you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am working [and have been for like the past year] with Deanne from Precious Maui Weddings. Shes very nice and willing to change packages to accommodate for what you want and don't want. The FI and I had a specific harpist we found online that we wanted and she went out of her way to book her. So far so good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am working with Cherise from The Perfect Wedding... www.ThePerfectWeddingMaui.com ... 808-250-1624

She is different than other coordinator that I've contacted. She charges a flat fee $700, and allow me to choose/pick/contact most of the vendors.

I am kind picky so I like to flexibility of find my own vendors esp. for Photograpy, Videography, etc. Also, budget is a concern, so when I heard other coordinators add 10-20% on top of the vendor prices freaked me out.

Let me know if I can help answer more questions.

Vicki
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd really recommend looking at Jane from Belle Destination Events.  She has all sorts of "packages," but no "preferred vendors" where you can only pick from her list.  Our wedding wouldn't have been the same without her!
  • Options
    13b13b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Cherise from The Perfect Wedding also. As a wedding photographer, she's the type of coordinator I would love to work with. Easy going, but still under control. Detail oriented, but not a stickler abobut anything.

As a groomzilla, she's everything we need. Calm, cool, collected. I warned her about also being stuck in the middle of disputes between FI and I, and she didn't flinch one bit.
    I also like that she knows a ton of vendors, but doesn't try to sell you on any of them and let's you make your own decisions. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello,

I had my wedding in Maui on October 10, 2010 and it was amazing! Good choice on getting married there - it is so beautiful!

My wedding co-ordinator was Vickie with Dolphin Dream Weddings - she is great! I couldnt have asked for a better wedding, it was so stress free, she took care of everythig. Definately check out their website! We used Ceasar Lizada for our photographer and I still cant believe how perfect our photos turned out.

If you need anymore information don't hesitate to email me: iekika_008@hotmail.com

All the best!

Jess
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards