Hawaii
Options

mothers attire

any suggestions on mothers attire for the wedding? I am thinking of colorful but not too tacky, however, I cannot seem to find those in over-the-knee length? Where did you all find yours?

Re: mothers attire

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in need of the same info for both MOG and MOB. I'm subscribing to the thread :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mum actually got hers in a shop in Wailea after we arrived. She hated all the traditional stuff. It was a real pain to get her something she liked.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kaesha, I really like what your mom had on. Do you know the name of the shop in Wailea?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll email her and ask her!

And Breaness, there should be some in my married bio... but I'll throw some up here too.. they aren't the best pics of the outfit though! It's actually a shirt and skirt, which she LOVED.

photo

photo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kaesha Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have been shopping & have a number of options from Nordstrom, David's Bridal, and the local bridal store with abotu 2,000 bridesmaid dresses.  I love when moms wear something other than just your usual MOB attire. 

My mom *loves* her 2 piece things -- pretty conventional.  We haven't found the right on yet... soooooo many rules.  No black.  No blue.  No gray.  No brown.  No red.  No dusty rose.  Below the knee.  Must cover arms (even if that's the jacket).  Her current frontrunner is actually an ivory suit with gold threading, so we're waiting for my dress to see if it's too white.  I'm hoping that we'll find more possibilites as spring clothes start hitting the racks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, the shop is called CY Maui:

http://cymaui.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's what my mom wore, and I believe she got it at Nordstrom! she wanted something light and nothing that would age her or look too traditional. I absolutely loved it!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mom is going to get a dress made.  She's been looking for a while and just hasn't found anything.  She's lost 175 pounds and is still self conscious, so we're at the knee length and short sleeves to cover up skin.  She decided she is just going to get one made for her body type and to cover what she wants.  It's going to be flowy and light, semi-formal beachy.  Is it weird that I'm describing my attire wear as semi-formal beachy?  I tried explaining it to my friend and she didn't understand it.  It's not cocktail wear, but it's not aloha shirts either.

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    this is great information. Thank you all!
    sld0618, I know exactly what you are talking about, semi-formal beachy is also what I am looking for :D
    kaesha, thank you so much. I'll check it out
    Tanq&Tonic, yeah, my mom's got lots of requirements too, and it is getting very difficult.
    A.a.A, your mom looked great in the picture :D
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaesha I just have to comment.... you have the cutest smile on your face in the first pic!!!

I'm also struggling with my Mom - to find something age appropriate but still weather friendly. My Mom isn't usually one to wear something sleeveless unless it is a really thick strap which is posing to be hard to find for her....  especially since it's winter here right now!
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I bought my mom's dress at Ross, and it was only $10!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards