Hawaii

Dinner Reception- La Mer or Azure

I can't decide where to have my dinner reception on our wedding day. We are having 12 guests total and we deciding between the two restaurants.
I read their reviews on yelp and it seems to me that Azure food is a bit better and their ambience is more updated compared to La Mer. I have already reserved a private table at La Mer but now I'm second guessing myself.

Can any local brides give me feedbacks on these two restaurants.

Re: Dinner Reception- La Mer or Azure

• McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell you shortly. We are having ours t Azure in less than two weeks. My brother and sister in law live there. She tells me azure is one of the best. For that size party you can request their private terrace as well. I will keep you posted on what we think. Ps you can download their menus online.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks McBeags and Congrats! Can't wait to hear about your feedback!

I saw their menus online and have also read their yelp reviews. Both have great reviews but Azure did not disappoint anyone while La Mer there were a few that didnt think it was worth it! I think I'm going to go with Azure since the decor is a bit more updated than La Mer and I don't need to worry about decorating the place too much.
  • TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ate at Azure last year (my wallet still remembers, eep!) and it was amazing! Great location and really fabulous food. Guess you can't go wrong there!

a+k

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    I haven't been to Azure, but we went to La Mer for our 1st anniversary and it was amazing.  The food, atmosphere, and service were all wonderful.
  • edited December 2011
    for those gals that have been to Azure...do you think 60 guests will fit into the restaurant? i'm thinking of doing a reception here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you talked to them lately??? We had our dinner for our wedding there last week and they called me the day before to cancel the reservation. They told me a new vendor is coming in and it will be an Italian theme. 

However they took very good care of us and set us up for a private dining on the private terrace. It was perfect. We didn't have the full Azure menu. But it was perfect. 

This was last week and the director of the JW said Azure would be closed moving forward and this week the new vendor would start. Another thing to check is what day of the week you are having your dinner. There is a Japanese place at the JW as well and the two restaurants are open on opposite days. I hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I have been trying to reach them and the manager of the restaurant would not call me back. I have spoken to the hotel staff and they never mention anything about this. Thank god I did not cancel my reservations to La Mer!
  • edited December 2011
    @McBeags- I think you got the wrong restaurant that I was talking about. I was talking about Azure in Royal Hawaiian Hotel. I spoke to them earlier and they told me that they are still open for business. :)

Thanks for you review though. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards