Hawaii

Wedding Day Gift for Groom? Ideas Needed!

I'm interested in hearing some gift ideas of what other Brides have given their grooms on the day of their wedding. I know this should be simple seeing i know him so well, but for some reason it's not. He's not the jewlery type, and this is an informal simple beach wedding we are having. I'd love to hear what you all did if anything, I know not everyone does gifts :) Thanks girls

Re: Wedding Day Gift for Groom? Ideas Needed!

• I'm going to surprise him with a groom's cake that's decorated in the theme of an old video game he used to play.
  • I splurged and got him a nice watch for is wedding gift.   We did this already though because I know he would want to wear it on the day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_wedding-day-gift-for-groom-ideas-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:d83c7999-0e56-4f37-9afb-b567c8c5ebc9Post:6d2d2649-b68f-43d9-8372-1c3718c585d4">Re: Wedding Day Gift for Groom? Ideas Needed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I splurged and got him a nice watch for is wedding gift.   We did this already though because I know he would want to wear it on the day.
    Posted by littlechilds[/QUOTE]

<div>I did the watch too but then his birthday came around and I couldn't wait to give it to him. </div><div>
    </div><div>He taught me how to play pool early in our relationship. He is really good but doesn't have his own cue. I am thinking I will get him a nice one with a case and have it engraved. Not sure if I will take it all the way to Maui though. </div>
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I had a custom tie tac made that was a map of our wedding location. It was something simple and not very expensive because we are doing things our home, but I wanted to give him something. We agreed nothing expensive.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • I gave my DH cufflinks I found at a Jewlerry store at the Whalers Village. They're made of local Kona wood, he absolutely loved them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm planning on giving him a pair of Prada sunglasses.  The man loves Prada sunglasses, so I'll have the bestman give it to him with a note the morning of so that he can wear them on the wedding day.
  • I got FI vintage tiki cufflinks, a vintage tapa print tie, vintage handkerchief and a new pair of Scotts flip flops.
  • He found a watch he really liked last month some I'm doing that and I have a B-shoot scheduled in June. I plan of making a photobook with the pics and giving him that as well.Kiss
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image139 Were invited to paradise!
    image 39 Are ready to party!
    image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
    image 0 Need to check their mail!
  • I surprised him with a plane ticket back home to England so he could go to one of his close friend's wedding. I love the idea of giving the gift of experiences rather than things.
  • Tiggy, I am doing the B-shoot too!. Let us know how yours turns out. I was going to do mine next month but I got burned on "half" of my legs while on spring break and it would be too hard to touch up right now. 
  • I am giving him a designer watch for our big day gift. He is a pastor and watches, ties, and cufflinks are always fair game and in demand by him.
    Anniversary
  • I did a boudoir photo shoot and will be giving him a "for his eyes only" album on the wedding day :)http://www.taitboudoir.com/main.html

Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FS I will keep you posted! I'm super nervous and trying to lose the last 57 lbs : Thank God for photoshop lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tiggy -- did you mean 5-7, not 57?
  • Tanq, I was thinking the same thing. 

I would love to lose 10 more but I figure FI loves me how I am and he would be really surpised to have me do a shoot just for him. 
  • haha!!! yes 5-7 lbs
    iPhone must have changed it lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked a kayak tour on our honeymoon and surprised him with it, I knew he would love it and we both had fun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards