Hawaii
Options

Roll Call!

Hi Girls, I was looking through old posts last night to see if there was good information and saw that they use to do Roll Call! I dont think it's been done lately so I thought it would be a good idea so we can see who's active. So here we go, lets do.... 

Your name and FI's name
Your age and FI's age 
Wedding Date
Island you will Marry On
Ceremony Location
Reception Location
What are you most excited about for your wedding?

Re: Roll Call!

• Options
    Your name and FI's name: Alli and Tony
    Your age and FI's age:  32 amd 34
    Wedding Date: October 18, 2012
    Island you will Marry On: Maui
    Ceremony Location: Palaeau Beach
    Reception Location: Small dinner at restaurant to be determined
    What are you most excited about for your wedding?Marrying the man I love, having 2 weeks off, having a stress free wedding (only 5 others coming).   
  • Options
    Good Idea Alli. I added a few details:

Your name and FI's name Stephanie and Fred
    Your age and FI's age 43 and 51
    Wedding Date 10-11-12
    Island you will Marry On Maui
    Ceremony Location Po'olenalena Beach
    Reception Location Gannon's
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Everything! I can't wait to marry my soul mate. Everyday I tell him we should just marry now because I can't wait to be his wife. If you knew me before this is completely out of my relm. I also can't wait to have two weeks off.
    Number of guests expected 18-20
    Honeymoon location Royal Lahaiana
    Wedding colors/theme Hot pink/Orange Elegance meets the Beach
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Your name and FI's name:  Hillary & Andrew
    Your age and FI's age Both 29
    Wedding Date: 7/7/12
    Island you will Marry On:  Maui
    Ceremony Location:  Our cottage in Lahaina
    Reception Location: private chef is preparing a meal for us at the cottage
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Just the two of us getting away, low/no stress wedding, finally marrying my love (we have been together 12 years)
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Your name and FI's name Lyn & Steffen
    Your age and FI's age 29 & 30
    Wedding Date 06.21.12
    Ceremony Location Olowalu Plantation
    Reception Location Same as above
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Getting to enjoy spending the day with family and friends, marrying Steffen and good food!
    Number of guests expected 38
    Honeymoon location Denmark for Xmas
    Wedding colors/theme Vibrant orange and Turquoise
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name Casey & Rob
    Your age and FI's age  34 & 42
    Wedding Date October 22, 2013
    Ceremony Location Paipu Beach
    Reception Location Restaurant (Not sure which one yet)
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Doing it right the second time.  My first marriage I was really young.  I fell in love 7 years ago with my bestfriend the very first time I laid eyes on him. Small wedding with my 2 girls and family. 2 weeks off in a row!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name Jane and Ash
    Your age and FI's age   24 & 29
    Wedding Date June 20, 2012
    Ceremony Location Five Palms
    Reception Location Five Palms
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Seeing my grooms face as I walk down the aisle.  And seeing both sides of our family at the same time (I'm from Canada, Groom's from Australia....we haven't seen his family in 2+ years).

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Megan and Sam
    Your age and FI's age : Both of us are 33.
    Wedding Date: 5/21/12 - 6 DAYS!!!
    Ceremony Location: Kapalua Bay
    Reception Location: Merriman's Cabana
    What are you most excited about for your wedding?: Marrying my best friend and 2 whole weeks in Hawaii...a week on Maui  with friends and family and a week on Kauai just the 2 of us.
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name Sandy & Tyler
    Your age and FI's age 28 & 30
    Wedding Date June 4, 2012 (soon!!)
    Island you will Marry On Oahu
    Ceremony Location Hale Kimo on Sunset Beach
    Reception Location Hale Kimo on Sunset Beach
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Omg, everything! Marrying my best friend, the food, vacationing and partying with my family and friends, and having time off to relax!
    Number of guests expected 27
    Honeymoon location Bora Bora, Tahiti, Moorea
    Wedding colors/theme Orange, Pink, Green (muted), tropical beachy!
    Visit Oahu.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is fun, I love seeing what everyone is doing! Also happy to see i'm not the only 30+ bride :)
  • Options
    I haven't posted in a while, but since it is getting close, I came back to lurk and thought I would jump in:

Your name and FI's name: Jennifer & Alex
    Your age and FI's age: 31 for me, 38 for FI
    Wedding Date: 6/6/12
    Island you will Marry On: Oahu
    Ceremony Location:  Paradise Cove
    Reception Location:  Dinner at Roy's afterwards
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Really, everything, but most excited to marry my best friend!
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Amber and Tom
    Your age and FI's age: 31 and 33
    Wedding Date: May 2, 2013
    Ceremony Location: Angel's Bay Beach
    Reception Location: Not having one since it will be just the 2 of us and we haven't decided where we are going to go to dinner. Figure we have time since our wedding is little less than a year away!
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Marrying my best friend soul mate and spending the rest of my life with him! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I give all of you credit who are waiting till 2013. We got engaged in March and we are getting married in October, just couldnt wait a whole year lol, that would have been torture!
  • Options
    @Allli, I completely understand. We have been engaged since last Feb. and its driving me crazy that we still have over 4 months to go. 
  • Options
    Many friends of mine got married more than 2 years after they got engaged. It was because one of them was still at school (medical or graduate school). All of them paid the wedding expenses by themselves, which I guess it's the main reason why they could wait for so long! 
  • Options

I  have had the same experience as PP described. I have been with my FI for a long time (8 years) and it was never the right time to get married...I was in graduate school for 3 years and then he was out of work for almost a year. Now we are both working good jobs so it was finally time. :-) We are paying for the entire wedding ourselves.

• Options
    Your name and FI's name: Jenna & Ryan
    Your age and FI's age will be 28 & 31 when we get married
    Wedding Date 1-11-13
    Ceremony Location Sheraton Maui
    Reception Location Old Lahaina Luau
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? marry my man, have our families together for a week of fun. Basically getting married to the man of my dreams in my dream location:) 
    Color Theme: Turquoise & Bright orange and tropical beachy relaxed
    Number of guests expected: 12-25

• Options
    Your name and FI's name Debi and Jeff
    Your age and FI's age  We are both 24
    Wedding Date 06.20.13
    Ceremony Location Olowalu Plantation
    Reception Location Same as above
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Having an amazing time with my family and friends, and finally marrying the man of my dreams in such a beautiful location!
    Number of guests expected 50
    Honeymoon location Kona, Hawaii
    Wedding colors/theme Hot Pink and Lime Green (Bright and tropical!)

As for the above comments about long engagements, I know all about that! We are doing a 2 year engagement, and I am about 1 year in- and trust me I wish the wedding was now! I can't believe I have to wait one whole more year!!! But I am in Pharmacy School and we are paying for the wedding, so there really was no other option.  But after being together 6 years...what is one more! It will be totally worth it in the end!
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name-Kimmy & Drew
    Your age and FI's age 36 &34
    Wedding Date 7.7.12 Our 5 year anniversary
    Island you will Marry On- Maui
    Ceremony Location- The beach in front of Mama's Fish House
    Reception Location- Mama's Fish House
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Waking up with Drew on the morning of our wedding, TTD, the 3 nights we will be staying in Hana after the wedding and getting to spend two whole weeks on Maui.
    Color Theme- Tropical red and aquamarine
    Number of guests expects- 18
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Diana Lyn & Armando
    Your age and FI's age: 26 & 36
    Wedding Date: 12-12-12
    Ceremony Location: Olowalu Plantation House
    Reception Location: Olowalu Plantation House
    What are you most excited about for your wedding?: Everything! Just so excited to see everything come together, how it will all look, and of course walking down the aisle to my future husband!
    Number of guests expected: 120-140...EEK! We are hoping for less...much less.
    Honeymoon location: Bora Bora
    Wedding colors/theme: powder blue, teal, marigold, gray, and blush pink
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Cassie & Tommy
    Your age and FI's age: Both 26
    Wedding Date: May 16, 2013
    Ceremony Location: Private vacation rental in Waialua
    Reception Location: Same as above
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Seeing it all come together!
    Number of guests expected: 23-25
    Honeymoon location: Don't know yet...
    Wedding colors/them: Ivory, Dove Grey, Peachy-Pink... classic, lace, a little vintage chic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Sheila and Kenn
    Your age and FI's age: 34,36
    Wedding Date: May 24, 2012 (8 more days!  Can't wait!)
    Ceremony Location: Makena Cove
    Reception Location: It will be just the two of us-we will go to Old Lahaina Luau the night of our wedding and we will have an at-home reception in July
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Marrying the love of my life and my best friend!  A much-needed vacation!
    Number of guests expected: Just us!  It's a second marriage for both of us-we wanted to have a stress-free, kid-free, family-free wedding/honeymoon :)
    Honeymoon location: This trip is our cermony and honeymoon in one.  We will island-hop to Oahu during our trip as well.
    Wedding colors/theme: Natural colors that complement the environment, laid-back, beachy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name- Renee and Mack
    Your age and FI's age 36,33
    Wedding Date-May 29, 2013
    Island you will Marry On-Maui
    Ceremony Location-Gannons
    Reception Location-Gannons
    What are you most excited about for your wedding?- Marrying the man I love in paradise!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name and FI's nam: Carrie & George
    Your age and FI's age: 42 / 34
    Wedding Date: 03/19/2013
    Ceremony Location: Angel's Bay
    Reception Location: Starlight Luau
    What are you most excited about for your wedding: Having my family with us!
    # of guests: Just bridal Party of 9 including us
    Honeymoon location: Kauai
    Wedding colors: Bright Orange, Tropical/Beach
    Wedding Countdown TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Lindsay and Scott
    Your age and FI's age: both 32
    Wedding Date: 12/1/12
    Ceremony Location: Olowalu Plantation House
    Reception Location: same
    What are you most excited about for your wedding: Partying with our friends, spending time in a relaxed environment. 
    # of guests: 50ish, we expect
    Honeymoon location: not sure yet (honeymoon will be later!)
    Wedding colors: purple and silver (go Kings!)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_roll-call-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:da86ae72-5a4d-4e04-94d1-378f2e217112Post:e0e7c1a9-e257-4ebf-aa7c-144d3da2e830">Re: Roll Call!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your name and FI's name: Lindsay and Scott Your age and FI's age: both 32 Wedding Date: 12/1/12 Island you will Marry On: Maui Ceremony Location: Olowalu Plantation House Reception Location: same What are you most excited about for your wedding: Partying with our friends, spending time in a relaxed environment.  # of guests: 50ish, we expect Honeymoon location: not sure yet (honeymoon will be later!) Wedding colors: purple and silver (go Kings!)
    Posted by lindsayscottc[/QUOTE]

<div>Yay! Another Olowalu bride in December! I'm not a Kings Fan, but I'm from the Bay Area...mostly support the Warriors. Hehe.</div>
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Holy cow....so many weddings just around the corner!! Exciting! I'm on old married woman and we loved every second of our week of festivities with our closest friends and family! Love seeing new faces and names on this board. Can't wait to hear more about all of your plans! To those getting married in the next few weeks....congrats and enjoy EVERY SINGLE MOMENT. It flies by way too quickly!
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Noreen & Jeremy
    Your age and FI's age: 28 & 37
    Wedding Date: May 31, 2012 (ahhh so soon!)
    Ceremony Location: Turtle Bay Resort
    Reception Location: Turtle Bay Resort
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Seeing how everything comes together, spending time with all our friends and family, being in the sun, and of course marrying my man! Pretty much everything!

• Options
    Your name and FI's name:  Jenn & Tim
    Your age and FI's age: 32 & 35
    Wedding Date:  9/20/12
    Island you will Marry On:  Maui
    Ceremony Location:  Ironwoods Beach
    Reception Location:   Dinner @ Merriman's
    What are you most excited about for your wedding?  Finally marrying my best friend after 11 years!  And TWO weeks of lounging on the beach and pigging out!
    # of Guests:  Just us and Tim's dad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name:  Stephanie & Andrew Your age and FI's age: 34 & 40 Wedding Date:  11/3/12 Island you will Marry On:  Maui Ceremony Location:  Olowalu Plantation House Reception Location:   Same What are you most excited about for your wedding?  Marrying the love of my life in paradise surrounded by our closest friends and families. # of Guests:  40-50 honeymoon: Four Seasons at Lanai
  • Options
    Your name and FI's name: Krystal and Eduardo
    Your age and FI's age : both 28
    Wedding Date: September 20th, 2012!
    Island you will Marry On: Oahu :o)
    Ceremony Location: Waimanalo Beach
    Reception Location: Diner @ Hau Tree Lanai and AHR on SF Peninsula, Ca
    What are you most excited about for your wedding? Marrying the man I have been dreaming about for the past 23yrs. I fell in love with Ed when I was 5yrs old and through other relationships as I grew older I always had a spot in my heart for him. I will finally be HIS wife and it feels amazing. We have grown so much over the past 7yrs and this is the moment we've both been waiting for. No matter what happens it will be perfect b/c I will join my spirit with his for eternity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards