Hawaii
Options

Packaging for Edible Favors?

Hi everyone! I think we are going to give some Honolulu Cookie Co. cookies as our wedding favors. I am looking for cute packaging that won't cost too much. I've seen some couples use those lightweight straw-ish looking boxes but I don't know what they're called nor where to get them. Some have tied ribbons around them and even added a tag for the couple's name.

Could anyone share some pictures or suggestions as to where to get the boxes?  Or does anyone have any other ideas for packaging the Honolulu Cookie Co cookies? I was thinking about giving 3 cookies per guest.  Maybe I should go as simple as a cellophane bag with a nice ribbon and tag? Thank you!

Re: Packaging for Edible Favors?

• Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They're call Lauhala boxes :)  I think they would be perfect for them and also a great little holder for back home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_packaging-edible-favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:dc921af9-ef12-46b6-976d-2b15050e985fPost:1120da89-09be-405a-9667-72a0cd438694">Re: Packaging for Edible Favors?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They're call Lauhala boxes :)  I think they would be perfect for them and also a great little holder for back home!
    Posted by sld0618[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  Now I know what they are called!  Does anyone recommend a place to buy these Lauhala boxes? Is it something I can buy when I arrive in Maui a few days before my wedding since I will also be going to the Honolulu Cookie Co to buy the cookies?  Or would you recommend I order them online in advance? Thanks!
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea where to get them on the island...I would order them online because they will probably be way cheaper.  Try ebay or just googling them.
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can get them on Maui.  Walmart has them, the ABC store and a ton of other places.
  • Options
    fabutanfabutan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great post!  I also want to have lauhala boxes as favors, but not sure about how to get them.  Looking on-line, there are so many sizes and varieties available... I was going to purchase the boxes from another knottie, but they turned out to be smaller than I thought....

I was going to purchase them when getting to Maui, but feeling nervous about not finding the items I want, etc.  I would have more piece of mind having them all done before leaving, but would have to deal with shipping cost, etc.  Such a headache, but I agree, the boxes are lovely!!!  (sorry this wasn't much help - I have the exact same questions!!)  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards