Hawaii
Options

Maui flowers

I'm getting married Aug 3 at Merriman's. Per their agreement I must choose between 4 vendors for flowers. I know that a lot of brides have had mostly positive reviews from Della's but know they are pricier because they are popular. Please let me if you have used these vendors and your reviews of them. Thanks so much everyone.
  • Dellables
  • Sunya's flowers
  • Asa flowers
  • Bella bloom
Visit Maui.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maui flowers

• Options
    We used Bella Bloom.  They were very accommodating of me changing my mind about a dozen times before the wedding and delivered gorgeous florals. 

My one complaint is that on the day of the wedding, I had green flowers everywhere instead of the yellow ones I ordered.  I understand there's some natural variation in flowers when they arrive, but I had been very specific about yellow ones, and would have at least appreciated the courtesy of a heads up that they weren't yellow, and whether I still wanted the green ones or preferred a different color instead.  Finally, when I called to florist just before the ceremony to inquire about the green, she was very rude and unprofessional, and frankly not what I expected after a good experience all the way up to that day.  It left a really bad taste in my mouth that someone would be so rude even after knowingly delivering a different product than agreed upon.

I never bothered to ask for part of my money back because I just wanted to be done with them, and I do think the flowers were of a high quality even if they weren't the right ones.  If you choose them, just be aware they are likely to switch flowers on you, and if they do, they probably won't let you know, and if you ask about it, might be rude.
  • Options
    motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012

I'm going with Della, but my WC gave me this review of Sunya:

Sunya - Sunya doesn't have much of a web presence and she's not into social media, but her work is beautiful and elegant.  She doesn't like to do a lot of "setup" like hanging orchids stands or fabric drapings or things like that.  She does a lot of work for the Ritz Carlton and Westin hotels on the west shore as well as Merriman's and Plantation House.  Very experienced.  Here are a few blogs that feature Sunya's flowers

http://junebugweddings.com/wedding-photo-gallery/gallery-single.aspx?tags=real-weddings&ID=92&pageindex=4#IMAGE
  • Options
    I am using Della and so far she has been very willing to work within our budget.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_maui-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:e2c352cf-a080-430d-ac94-808e043fdbabPost:fee3511a-21e5-45f6-b8fc-79b98efbdb9c">Re: Maui flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Della and loved her.  She can work with ANY budget, she told me that she once outfitted a wedding with a $100 wedding budget and sent  me the pictures and they were super cute pineapple/flower centerpieces.  She is so creative and super sweet -  I would go with Della if at all possible. 
    Posted by AKWinterBride[/QUOTE]

I will definitely check her out then. I already wanted pineapples. How funny
    Visit Maui.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are working with Dellables, but given Bella Grace as our other option. I don't think unless there is a poor experience, you would be unhappy with either vendor's work.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards