Hawaii

PW Today: Finished my final DIY's (PIP)

I'm pretty sure I posted up my Mrs Hanger but I also did a groom one for FI.... believe it or not, the groom was WAY harder than the Mrs!!
I also finished my parasol .......

451x156 proportions
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: PW Today: Finished my final DIY's (PIP)

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Those look so awesome, you are very talented.
  • breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh the hangers & parasol are perfect! How hard was the hanger? I would love to DIY those.
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, those look awesome!!  You're so crafty :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    WOW, impressive!  NICELY DONE!  :) 
  • edited December 2011
    Your hangers are so cute! They look great.
  • edited December 2011
    Love them all!! The groom one looks super professional and did you hand paint the thank you on there or use some sort of stencil? Girl, if you ever get the wedding blues after all of this is over you could start selling this sort of stuff on etsy!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, amazing job. You should start your own Etsy shop :)
  • madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_pw-today-finished-final-diys-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:e4069003-0d4d-439b-b8b5-f745669d22bdPost:679ff9a2-b52c-42a0-878c-505a5f2a3597">Re: PW Today: Finished my final DIY's (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, amazing job. You should start your own Etsy shop :)
    Posted by SavvyLittleBride[/QUOTE]

THIS THIS THIS!!! So good!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! These are great!!! Could you share instructions on the hanger?
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!! Sorry for the late response but this wedding planning is keeping me running these days : ). FI keeps saying the same things to me.... perhaps I will have to look into the Etsy thing??? I forgot how much I love doing stuff like this and hadn't had the chance to test my abilities or take on the challenge in years.

for the parasol - I printed off the font in chopin as large as I could onto regular sized paper. I brought it to work and scaled it up on our copier - about 3 letters/ 8x17 piece of paper. I used an exacto knife to cut the words out and then very gently taped each 3 letter section onto the parasol and traced lightly with a pencil. Once I got it all penciled on I went over it with a black sharpie, filled it in with 2 coats of acrylic black paint and then went over the edges again with the black sharpie to even out the lines.

The hanger - if you google instructions you will find tons, and a lot of info in peoples bio's on the TK - go to the search bar and search out DIY hanger, all forums and you will get tons of info that is super helpful. I used 16 gauge wire bought at Canadian Tire and found that using my fingers to mold the letters worked much better, and then used needle noes pliers to clean it up after I shaped the word. I pulled up etsy and just looked up the word I was trying to do on their hangers as I was doing it to kind of guide me on shaping letters. You get tons of wire on a spool for maybe $4, if that so you have tons of materials to play around wtih and get used to it first. I found I got the Mrs hanger done in the first shot...... the groom took me about 5 different tries before getting something I could work with and fix up (I'm a bit of a perfectionist LOL)
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards