Hawaii

Day of Coordinator concern

Our contract included unlimited email contact with the coordinator. Up until June she was really good at getting back to me within a few days.

Since June 7, 2012,  I've emailed her 3 times, and called her twice on seperate days because I didn't get an email response, left messages, and I haven't gotten a response. 

Should I be concerned? I know summer is wedding season, but....really? or am I being Bridezilla? The Wedding is in October, fyi.

Re: Day of Coordinator concern

• I would be somewhat concerned, especially since you have called twice and left messages.  I'm sure your coordinator is busy and hopefully this is just an oversight.  When you hear from her, you might ask how to make sure you are able to get in contact with her.  I have heard that some coordinators take longer than others to get back to.
    Good luck!
  • I will be concerned too! As Stephcap32 said, I'm sure she's busy with all the weddings during the summer months. Although from my experience, all vendors tend to "regroup" earlier in the week and respond to emails etc.
    Are your queries super urgent? If not, I'm sure she will get back to you as soon as she can!
  • I wouldn't be worried at all.  As you stated, it is high season for weddings and since you are still a little farther out you just aren't high on the totem pole right now.  Honestly, I didn't talk much to my coordinator until 3 weeks before the wedding - we would talk probably once a month but until 3 weeks out we weren't doing making any groundbreaking decisions.  I know it's hard because you are so excited, but just give her a little more time, and if necessary let her know that you are getting concerned about her communcations and I'm sure she will pay attention to that! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_day-of-coordinator-concern?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:73Discussion:e568010c-087f-4307-9b69-510cf90c780cPost:9a981911-dc91-4a79-9ea6-3bc94e17c730">Re: Day of Coordinator concern</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't be worried at all.  As you stated, it is high season for weddings and since you are still a little farther out you just aren't high on the totem pole right now.  Honestly, I didn't talk much to my coordinator until 3 weeks before the wedding - we would talk probably once a month but until 3 weeks out we weren't doing making any groundbreaking decisions.  I know it's hard because you are so excited, but just give her a little more time, and if necessary let her know that you are getting concerned about her communcations and I'm sure she will pay attention to that! 
    Posted by AKWinterBride[/QUOTE]

I'm with AK winter bride! During the busy season(summer), it would go weeks, sometimes a month without hearing back on some of my questions. On average we would email about once or twice a month and then a month before our wedding it seemed like almost every other day we were in contact!
    Keep us posted what happens, she should get back to you in the next few weeks, if you don't hear from her I would send her an email asking to set up a time to chat.
    Good luck;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would be somewhat concerned, only because your WC should have at least acknowledged you and let you know she is busy with current events.  Ours had an out of office e-mail which was great as we always knew when to expect a response and when she had events.

• Orange813Orange813 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the advice, ladies. 

The reason I want to get in touch with her is because she volunteered to book a vendor for me (the rental company). And I wanted to confirm that because I would like to see a contract, put down a deposit, etc. It's one of my last major vendors to book. 

I just emailed the other vendors she recommended to see if they have heard from her. 

Will keep you updated on the M.I.A. D.O.C.
  • I agree with the others that if it isn't urgent, to just be patient since it's high season. Regardless, though, she should have an outofoffice auto reply or let you know that she received your messages and that she is busy and will get back to you as soon as she can. Just to give you some peace of mind. I appreciate those since I know she is busy, yet knows that she has to acknowledge other clients somehow. I knew I chose a great coordinator when I hadn't even hired her, yet, however she was quick to respond to what I felt were urgent messages despite working at a wedding that night. I'm sure she didn't take away any attention from the wedding and did it at the first chance she got. Hope that helps!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards