Hawaii
Options

Wedding gift for the hubby to be?

If you gave or plan on giving your hubby a gift before the wedding, what was it?  I'm looking for ideas and our wedding's coming up pretty soon in Sept.  I know he would love a Rolex but my wallet would not.  ;)  Not sure what my budget is (maybe under $1k) so I'm open to all suggestions.  TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding gift for the hubby to be?

• Options
    Since we're pretty much spent with the wedding/honeymoon and dont have w tonne of money we decided to get a nice new camera to capture all the moments in Hawaii. We are going to go halves in it and that will be our present to eachother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just scheduled a Boudoir Shoot for a month from now. Very nervous but also excited. One of the outfits will be a personalized Yankee jersey and I am going to wrap the book in that and give it to him on our wedding night. 
    We are also doing the camera which is what he thinks our gifts are. 
  • Options
    My husband loves sunglasses so I bought him a nice pair to wear in Maui since all his other sun glasses were sporty.  He needed a lounge, relaxing type of sun glasses.  :)  For me he bought me a tide watch, tells me and predicts future high and low tide, as well date and time, lap timer and alarms. 
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I bought DH a watch he had been eyeing.  You can definitely get a ton of nice non-Rolex watches for under $1k!  RueLaLa, Overstock, Costco etc always have some great steals.

What are some things your hubby likes?  If sporty like Lyn, what about something like a GoPro camera he can take on his adventures?  Or something else related to his hobby?  I've also seen a few ladies do awesome, personalized cufflinks. I got DH lego cufflinks in our wedding colors, and some gals here had map cufflinks made calling out their hometown and wedding sites -- tres chic!
  • Options
    There are lots of amazing watches available for under $1k.  Check RueLaLa, Overstock, Costco, etc for some great steals.  I got DH a watch and some lego cufflinks.  Lots of ladies do customized cufflinks -- my favorite recently are ones where they have a custom map -- one arm with their wedding location map marked and the other one with their home.  Otherwise, try to get creative on a hobby of his -- if he's into adverture sports, maybe a GoPro camera or other related thing?
  • Options

=) I would do something personal. i watched about 20 wedding videos to research videographers and more than half of them the groom received a watch while the bride received a variety of things so lol unless he wears watches do something more personal?

I am planning on doing a couple of things for my FI. I am doing the Boudoir Photo Session and then I'm getting him nice personalized cufflinks so he can wear them the day of.

Boudoir will be the gift to open that night between the 2 of us on our wedding night but the cuff links will be the gift i give him the morning of =)

I am trying to avoid doing the watch thing. 1) he doesn't wear watches and 2) i would make it more personal!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm planning to get a longboard for my FI - he already has a shortboard so am just finding out how much it would be to be have the longboard custom made - maybe with our wedding date on the back?
    But I like the boudoir photo session!!
  • Options
    I am at a complete loss in this situation. I planned to get FI this bike he's been drooling over for the past couple weeks, but with all of our funds tied up between now and the wedding I can no longer afford the bike :-( FI is undecided on a short or long sleeve shirt for the wedding so I'm hesitant to get cuff links. I like the map idea for the links, but I haven't the slightest clue what to get him...and he doesn't wear watches so that's out too lol

He's getting me a tattoo b/c I'm a bit of an ink fiend, but he can't nail down anything ink ideas for himself so that's out too. I go through this every chrismas and birthday, he's so funny style with what he likes shopping for him is like pulling teeth from an aligator...it must be done with extreme care lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm making my FI a hard cover photo book and including photos from our first 3 years of dating. I like that it's more personal and it will be a keepsake for years to come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards