Hawaii
Options

Videographer help....pretty please :)

Originally my FI and I wanted to go cheap with the video BUT once I started looking at the samples it became very clear you get what you pay for. Here is a quote from a great videographer from Oahu (Our wedding is on Maui) and his prices seem to equal the prices of the cheap guys on Maui....what would you do?

Do you think we would regret not having good quality?
Also we only wanted to spend $1000 or less, so he is slightly over budget.

Custom HD Package 1 (3.5hr Coverage)

Filmed in High Definition

2 camera coverage of your ceremony (one cameraman, one stationary)

Pre-Bridal (Same Place as Ceremony)

Documentation of Ceremony Included

Music Video Highlight 3-5mins Included

Coverage of Photoshoot

Opening Titles and 1 song selection of your choice

DVD Mailing Fee Included

2 DVD's Basic Packaging..........$950

Travel Fee

Car Rental+Gas: $125

Round Trip Flight: $200

Baggage Fee: $25

Total: $350

Grand total $1300

Wedding Countdown Ticker
image139 Were invited to paradise!
image 39 Are ready to party!
image 100 Are stuck on the mainland!
image 0 Need to check their mail!

Re: Videographer help....pretty please :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on what you want out of your video.  If you want some way to capture the memories and a recording of your vows and some of the key events up to the ceremony, that seems like a fair deal.  Not super cheap, but not too pricey either.  But you'll miss out on all the reception things, including first dance and speeches.

As for quality, I am a HUGE photo / video nerd (we shoot & edit our own of both) so subpar work was simply not acceptable to me...and we budgeted for it accordingly.  Honestly, many people are ok with far less...if you don't need cinema quality footage, the memories are really the same.  The same goes for photos.  As long as you like the work, and the samples you can see online elicit emotions for you, and you think similar quality is enough for you, what the rest of us think is really irrelevant :)

Do you have a link to his work?  I'm all for flying in vendors from Oahu...due to competition, the prices for many of them seem to be more affordable, even when you add in the cost for travel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got our wedding video DVD yesterday and I must tell you there is no greater feeling that being able to hear and see it all again. We initially weren't going to do video at all, due to budget, but this was more than worth it. The wedding day goes by so fast and it is so hard to think back and remember everything, having someone who knows what they are doing there to capture it...it's hard to put a price on that in the end. 

HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tiggy85 I just realized that I recommended you a videographer before on a previous post. Like I said we just received our DVD from Princeton and you cannot go wrong with him. He is a great videographer and an awesome person to work with. He is very creative, friendly, and will put you at ease about the whole process. Seriously, worth every penny!

PM me if you have any more questions.

-Lana
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The price seems reasonable imho...to me tho more so than price is the quality of the product. HTH! J. :-)
  • Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes Lana!! I was trying to find that post... I'm going to PM you for details later :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Marbelle (aka, CINEMA Red) for our videography and they were great!  They really need to update their website as it is not reflective of the quality of their work at all, and they are so great to work with.  We should be getting our DVD any day now, and then I can give even more information on him!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    tiggy5555tiggy5555 member
    edited December 2011

Oh I'm gonna cry AK....Marbelle will be out of the country in the Middle East pretty much the entire month of my wedding!

Cry

They were my first pick.....now I'm looking at the Oahu based ones.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marbelle is related to Studio Red? 
  • Options
    Taina747Taina747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AKWINTERBride - we had Marbelle too!! We just got our video today, going to watch it as soon as I get home! So excited!!!
  • Options
    dianalynmdianalynm member
    edited December 2011
    My videographer is an Oahu-based videographer, but we're getting married on Maui. He's worked with a very popular and sought-after photographer here in Nor Cal and has gotten rave reviews from past clients... 

He has a few standard packages, but I felt like he was able to work with me on pricing.

If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. And if you decide to contact him, let him know I sent you his way. I've known him since before he relocated to Hawaii... :)
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I meant Cinema Red, but they are Marbelle Photography!  They were super nice, and not at all intrusive - I can't wait to see the video!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards