Ohio-Columbus
Options

bridal salons

hello columbus brides...i am a toledo a bride looking to come to the columbus area for my gown. im having no luck finding one here, ive googled some stores there and so far i like what i see ! what stores do you guys recommend me to try out ?! 
imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/

Re: bridal salons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I went to Wendy's Bridal on Sawmill Road. You might read some bad reviews, but I liked them a lot. I know they prefer appointments rather than walk-In's. It was nice because you got to go around the store and pick out the dresses you wanted to try on :) I know some brides got consultants that didn't tell them designer names, bur my girl was awesome and she told me names without me even asking. I am hoping the rest of the process is seamless... My dress is supposed to arrive in December so I hope that's true! So far, they have been great!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had a great experience at elegant bride in dublin a few weekends ago. love them!
  • Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i found wendys and was looking thru the site and it seems like a nice place and i got excited looking at the dresses..so im def gong to try them...thanks !

@missowl..im going to google the place you said too...thank you ! 
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Trumpington Bridal House in Westerville
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Alan Ray Bridal. But I also really liked Elegant Bride in Dublin, too.
  • Options
    misssuzyqmisssuzyq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elegant Bride!! 
  • Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    edited December 2011

thank you guys all so much..im going to google all these places and make a road trip to the BUS within the next couple weeks..there is nothing here in Toledo that i've seen that i like..its really frustrating :(
    www.theknot.com/profiles/msbdumas/wedding-planner/myprofile/edit?pageSectionToEdit=0&contentId=99749&newContent=0#theme" title="Wedding">Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Where in Toledo are you from? I'm actually originally from Toledo (Oregon actually) and found my dress at Atlas Bridal. They did only have a limited selection however and I just got lucky (I had already looked at a couple places here in Columbus).

Advice for the Columbus stores:
    Wendy's - they take out the tags and don't tell you who the dress was by until after you order it. Occasionally you'll get a good salesperson who will tell you, but that's rare. Some people (including me) have had bad experiences with sales people being too pushy or not nice. Others have had good experiences. Based on past reviews it does seem they are notorious for trying to order you a dress in too big a size in order to make you pay more for alterations.

Alan Ray - in the years I have been on here I have heard countless people say they loved the shopping experience there (they were definitely nice and helpful when I went there to look) but those who purchased dresses there often have issues with delivery taking too long or occasionally the wrong dress being delivered. Just be careful and keep good notes on calls and who you speak with if you order from here.

I also had a good experience at Henri's Bridal on Sancus in northern Columbus (close to rt. 23, so it's easy to get to on your way down from Toledo).

I never made it to Elegant Bride. David's Bridal here is about the same as Toledo (good and bad experiences, typical box store service).

If you're going to make a special shopping trip, you might even want to head on down to Cincinnati bridal district. I loved Bridal and Formal and other ladies here have said good things about the other stores there as well. B&F has a HUGE selection and if you have some pricing in mind they usually negotiate with you and will meet the prices of other stores if you tell them you found it elsewhere for cheaper.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't go to Alfred Angelo!!!  Read my post from last week!!! :-)
    image 0 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msbdumasmsbdumas member
    edited December 2011
    @ brit12 i stay in the old west end/ downtown area, i tried atlas and of course davids and nothing has jumped out @ me yet, so i thought because im in columbus often i would try the bridal salons there..it seems like all these  stores are the typical some good some bad thats why im planning to come next weekend so i can find, purchase, and deal with the craziness of getting my dress. i rather get  it early and right then late and wrong, thanks for your tips, im def going to keep it in mind !! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards