Ohio-Columbus

Weekend Plans?

What is on tap for the weekend lovely ladies?

This has been a good, but busy week for me. I love my new co-teacher and we both had some ideas on how to change things in our classroom. It has been exhausting going through and updating, cleaning out things (her old teacher was a pack rat), but I like to be able to start somewhat fresh.

Tomorrow I have that dreaded baby shower for SIL. I decided I am going for a bit but not getting a gift since we can't afford it. Then H and I are going to get tires on my car and walk around the mall and dream a bit.

The weather is supossed to be really nice Saturday, but then Sunday it is going to turn rainy again. So I am hoping to get everything done Saturday (and I have quite a few other things on my to do list) and then go to church and relax on Sunday.

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Megan5241Megan5241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I need to get new tires on my car as well. :(

Today is FI birthday. :) His parents are coming into town and we are going out to eat with them and my parents then going back to his place for some cake and hanging out. Otherwise all I have the rest of the weekend is working and school. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Traveling tomorrow up to Cleveland. My FI is italian, and it's time for our annual calamari dinner. I hate seafood, but love calamari?

Hopefully we won't be gone too long on Sunday, I plan on just getting some stuff done. Probably some grading...those reading workbooks will be the death of me! I've got two more venues to see next week, plus I'm taking 3 people with me to the Olde Gahanna Sanctuary for opinions. Also a possible meeting with a caterer that I just found out is a family friend. (Considering I was thinking about City BBQ based on price, this is a great opportunity, lol)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is our work Christmas party.  They rented rooms for us at the Wolf Lodge in Cinci so I will be down there all weekend.  Feeling a little guilty about it because I should probably be working on wedding stuff...  two weeks!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011

Work christmas party for us as well! Andddd I want to go see the lights at The Columbus Zoo! Has anyone ever done this? I am a Christmas junkie.

It's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way. Frank Sinatra
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is supposed to be nice in St. Louis tomorrow as well, so I'd like to get my leaf cleanup done (ugh!) Sunday we have a touch football tournament.

I haven't seen the lights at the Columbus Zoo but we went last week in St. Louis and it was really nice, I'm sure the C-Bus ones are too :)
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    We have our company Christmas party tonight, too. But I am not going. I get off at 4:30 so what the hell am I going to do for 2 hours before it starts? Besides, I am beat and want to spend some time with H.
  • edited December 2011
    I am off to Indy for the Big Ten championship game! Go Spartans :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • edited December 2011
    We have our party tonight too. I've only been working here for a few months so I don't know what it will be like at all. Should be interesting considering my hardcore diet right now. I just started my period too so all I want is chocolate and pizza haha.

MissySue, good luck at that crappy shower tomorrow. Smile on the outside, judge the sh!t out of it on the inside and then come back and tell us about it.

The rest of my weekend is packing and prepping for leaving for London (!) on Tuesday.
  • osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to a housewarming party and winning 75 million with the mega millions ticket I will be buying tonight....hey it could happen. jk
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:1197d5ff-3a32-4880-b787-7b71dae03202Post:16406b80-5ffe-45eb-9c9c-a6d3e09d0b39">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have our party tonight too. I've only been working here for a few months so I don't know what it will be like at all. Should be interesting considering my hardcore diet right now. I just started my period too so all I want is chocolate and pizza haha. MissySue, good luck at that crappy shower tomorrow. Smile on the outside, judge the sh!t out of it on the inside and then come back and tell us about it. The rest of my weekend is packing and prepping for leaving for London (!) on Tuesday.
    Posted by MissOwl[/QUOTE]

I <3 you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_weekend-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:1197d5ff-3a32-4880-b787-7b71dae03202Post:04ff3e41-f4bd-464a-afb2-0f4fb004eac8">Re: Weekend Plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Work christmas party for us as well! Andddd I want to go see the lights at The Columbus Zoo! Has anyone ever done this? I am a Christmas junkie.
    Posted by LovelyLauren21[/QUOTE]

This is where he proposed :)

Beware the nice weather -- it was entirely too crowded last weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad the weekend is here!  H is working tonight so I made a dinner that I know H would have hated but I love, relaxing with a glass of wine, and watching my Bobcats play football in the MAC championship.  
    I went to Columbus Zoo lights thing years ago and really liked it.  If H gets the night off Sunday and it stays dry, I plan to drag him there.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Fi and I went to the zoo lights last night! They were very pretty. The poler bears were playing when we were there, SO CUTE! Be sure to go see them! And get hot chocolate. It's nice weather, but bundle up anyways. You'll be cold by the end. 

We're going to see my fi's school play today (he is a teacher) and then go to my parent's house for mine and my sister's family birthday party. Tomorrow looking at dresses with my momma!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards