Hawaii
Options

Aloha! New to board and planning an Oahu DW :)

Aloha Knotties!

I'm newly engaged (Oct. 26 at Club 33 @ Disneyland! Was also my FI's birthday!) I'm in the beginning stages of planning my DW on Oahu for November 13. I really want an outdoor ceremony and reception - preferably in Waikiki and am looking for suggestions! I've already looked into and am waiting on replies from Moana Surfrider, Royal Hawaiian, Sheraton Waikiki and Outrigger Waikiki and Reef. I really love lawn ceremonies with Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head in the background, and am open to a ceremony on a lanai. My issue is finding a venue that can accommodate both. I've also looked into the Coconut Club at Aston Waikiki Beach for a reception, but I'm not too crazy about the decor and really wanted to have the ceremony and reception at the same locale.

Also, my budget is $15k and am expecting 50 guests or less. Is this doable?

Thank you in advance!

Re: Aloha! New to board and planning an Oahu DW :)

• Options
    Congratulations!

Based on what you are looking for, Moana would be possibiity, they have outdoor oceanfront space and oceanfront banquet space.  Not sure if $15K is enough though, from what I remember from site visits, the ceremony site fee alone was $2500+
  • Options
    Congrats and wow! Club 33 is such a unique and special place to get married! What about Aulani?!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We got married 3 weeks ago at Paradise Cove and had our reception at the Coconut Club, you can also have your ceremony there to.  I agree that the decor is not very nice but you can dress it up quite easily.  My wedding planner and Naomi (think that is her name) from Le Saisons did a fantastic job, looked much better than what we expected.  Unfortunately I don't have any photos yet but I am more than happy to send some to you when I get them.  Also, if you get married on a Friday you will see the fireworks from Hilton Hawaiian Village over Waikiki which would be fantastic for photos.
  • Options
    I had 37 guests and I spent around $22K+, but that includes my dress etc.  If the $15K is just for the actual wedding it might be doable, but everything in Hawaii is so much more expensive than the mainland.  You can find ways to cut corners (do your own flowers, eliminate favors, just do beer/wine) but you will have to be very dilligent about your budget.
  • Options
    I am aiming for 15K for wedding in Maui on private estate for about 40 guests. It will be very tight and there are definitely things you'll need to be ok without. This is just my estimate for day of and I think with all the extra things in the end it will realistically be closer to 18K. I have no bridesmaids/groomsmen, so we're cutting down on flowers there. No DJ either. There are ways to save...it just depends on what you and your FI really want/can do without.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Have you looked into the Kahala or Bayer Estate?
  • Options
    We're in the same boat... we're from Kauai but are getting married on Oahu with a budget and guestlist very similar to yours. We were able to get a package through Justin Panaoke (sp?) of Kathy Ireland Weddings. For $11,500, it includes rental of the house from 10a to 10p the day of the wedding, bamboo arch, day-of coordinator, chairs, tables, linens, plates/siverware, catering, bouquet, lei, centerpieces, minister, guitarist for ceremony, DJ with uplighting, valet parking, and a bartender. All you have to provide is the alcohol (Costco... SCORE!), photography/videography, and cake! Here's the house... http://www.kathyirelanddestinations.com/#!beachfront/c16te
  • Options
    Have you checked in Disney's Aulani Resort?  I will be visiting that resort in June but I've been to the area a few years ago and remember Ko Olina being beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards