Hawaii

Small intimate wedding ideas

Hi ladies!

I am getting married July 12th at Turtle Bay Resort on the Stables Beach.  It is going to be a pretty intimate affair - pretty small.  Me and the groom, my 6 year old son, and the family my fiance lives with - 4 people - 2 adults and 2 kids.  And then of course the chaplin.  We have hired a photographer, and a musician to play at the ceremony - Randy Allen (amazing!).  The ceremony is from 6-6:30 and then we are going to have Turtle Bay bring out 2 butlers and serve champagne and appetizers while we watch the sunset and then we are heading in to the resort for dinner and cake.  Randy is going to play as we get pictures taken and watch the sunset.  What other things could we do to make this feel very special since we are not having a reception...I dont want this to be dull, you know?  Please help!!!!

Thanks

Re: Small intimate wedding ideas

• FSForeverFSForever member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome, sounds like you have a lot planned already and nothing sounds like it will be dull.
    I did think of something when you mentioned your son. We will have 4 kids between 2yrs and 5yrs at our wedding so I have come up with small pails with sand brushes to brush the sand off their feet or anyone elses if they wish. Of course you won't want them doing this during the ceremony but a beach setting for little ones just entices them to play, even during a wedding.

• AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What restaurant are you guys having your wedding dinner at?  We were just at Turtle Bay in July and there is definitely a taste difference between their restaurants! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    What you already have sounds nice!  Why isn't dinner at the resort considered a reception?  I don't think you need lots of gimmicks or tradition to make things special.  It definitely won't be a dull experience -- it's your wedding day, and you are sharing it with some incredibly special people.

Maybe you could consider a fun morning activity with the family before you get ready.  Fun breakfast, or something small to make it a full day.  DH and I had breakfast together the morning of our wedding, and that was actually my favorite 30 minutes of the day.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your input and support!  That is so helpful and reassures me that even though there will be a small amount of people it will still be super special.  I am not sure where we are going to have dinner yet - either 20 degrees or Leonardo's - I like Leonardo's menu better but 20 degrees might be a little more fancier.  But we will be having 3 children there so I want to make sure its going to be something that they enjoy as well!
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    20 Degrees is awesome - Leonardo's  not so much.  Their food sounds awesome but it was very bland.  This was actually the restaurant I was thinking of when I asked you because we were both really disappointed in the food there.  However, 20 degrees was outstanding! 

There were kids at 20 Degrees when we went also and they were eating kid type foods. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the input on 20 degrees!  That really helps - maybe we can change the menu a little bit for the children!  What do you all think about decorations for a beach wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards